old savage 19

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

old savage 19

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I bought this rifle about 10 years ago with no mag,thought my 19 nra with factory stock and mag with the little screw that is as rare as hens teeth would work ,but it didn't so it set on the rack since then till last night i was digging around the gun room and picked up a savage 56c that i bought somewhere some time ago i can't remember when or where but pulled the mag and stuck it in the 19 with the missing mag and presto it worked perfectly.so i ordered a 10 rd from numrich and got to looking and found this scope block that lined up perfectly with the 2 odd holes in this action.Have to drill out 1 hole and make a bolt for the 1 over size hole in the action but think it will finely be a rifle i can shoot after all this time.some one has mounted it in a different stock with a odd foreplate but it should work out good now.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: old savage 19

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey now that's great info to know! I have a Winchester single shot .22 that needs a bolt, forget what model it is. I did cross reference it for different model but none in stock at Numrich.
I have a Savage 23B, 25-20, I'm always looking for magazines when I go to gun shows, so far I haven't found any!
I recently got a 340 in .22 hornet and need to find another mag for that as well.
Good find and good fix!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

wont the 222 = 223 MAG WORK IN THE 340 ALSO? I have a 222 in the 340 and have got 2 mags from numrich over the years for friends.

MOST WINCHESTERS THAT NEED A BOLT ARE THE 514 511 512 ALL THE SAME BOLT I THINK.
JOHNNY WACKO
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote: MOST WINCHESTERS THAT NEED A BOLT ARE THE 514 511 512 ALL THE SAME BOLT I THINK.
Those model numbers are Remington.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Not sure on the 340 mag, haven't looked into it enough. But I'll look into that, thanks!

This Winchester was given to me, guy didn't remember what why or where the bolt went. I think it makes number 13 or 14 22 rifles I have, not a high priority.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

jnyork wrote:
JOHNNY WACKO wrote: MOST WINCHESTERS THAT NEED A BOLT ARE THE 514 511 512 ALL THE SAME BOLT I THINK.
Those model numbers are Remington.
on second thought your correct,to many # in my head i guess. the winchester was in the 60 somethings i think.I have i here somewhere.looked like a stevens 15 a bit.

got the savage 19 together and come to find out why the sites were all crooked the scope wont adjust enough to bore site it.off to 1 side when drilled i think.I am ordering some millet rings with the adjustments on each side to bring it to center i hope. it runs out of adjustment about 2" shy of center from the left side.ans the iron sites were all the way to that side also.mite be a bad barreled action or something i can work out with the other rings.I have a set on that new savage 22 mag i just built but don't want to take it back apart so i will get some new ones. drilled out the wrong hole in the mount and had to turn it around backwards but it still worked and opened up the ejector hole better too. I will get some pictures up when its done or tossed out one or the other its parts.
JOHNNY WACKO