Politics/Religion - Oprah's anti-Christian views

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Matthew 23

Hypocrites!
Molon Labe
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

Dear Kismet,
I am the one who posted the thread about 'McDonnalds and Gays' so I will respond to your posts.

First, I am a Christian. I was saved at the age of 8 years old on Easter Sunday, 1955. What does it take to become a Christian? (1) Recognition that one is a sinner (both by being born and by deeds done in life), ultimately, one is a criminal by God's laws; (2) Realizing that one cannot save one's self no matter how hard one tries; (3) God offers each sinner a pardon to be accepted or rejected--no coercion on His part--strictly one's own choice. (4) This pardon is offered on the basis of justice--I can die for my sins, or I can accept God's pardon which was bought at the price of His Own Son's death. (5) This is called by various names in Christianity: The New Birth, Being Born Again, Accepting Christ into One's Heart, etc.

Secondly, becoming a Christian will not make one perfect on this earth. No where in the Bible (the Christian's source for his beliefs) does God promise that one can never sin again. In fact, this is the hardest part of Christianity. Trying to be perfect but never being able to achieve the state of perfection. I sin daily. I ask forgiveness daily. I am forgiven daily. Just because I cannot be perfect in this life does not mean that I do not strive to be perfect. Some times the sins are eggregious. Some times they are not so flaggrant. Not only do I depend on God to save me, I also depend on God to keep me saved.

Thirdly, The Bible speaks of a war going on. This war is Spiritual in nature with earthly consequences. God's Word speaks of it as a war between the 'seed of the serpent (Satan) and the seed of the woman (Christ)'. Humans line up on one side or the other. Don't get me wrong! A human being comes into the world already lined up on the side of the 'seed of the serpent'--by his own choice, he can get out of that side and line up on the side of the 'seed of the woman'. God forces no one to be lined up on His Side. Now, here is where many misunderstand Christianity. If one is in a war, how does one act. He fights for whichever side he is on. If one is on Satan's side--just act naturally. Do whatever one wants to do. The Bible gives explicit lists of how the 'ungodly' live. If one is on God's side, one tries to live as God would have them live. A Christian hates the things God hates and loves the things God loves. The Bible is also filled with lists of the things God loves. Now as to homosexuality. This is an ungodly way of life. How do I know? God's Word says so: (1) by example (male and female created He them); (2) by God's judgement (He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah); (3) by common sense (the sex organs of a human being are the most sacred of all the organs of the body--they were intended to be used for the human's pleasure, within the bounds of marriage, and for procreation of the race); (4) by hygenic health standards (homosexuality, at least male homosexuality, is pure filth. (5) by picture (God intended for the marriage of a man and a woman to be a picture of His relationship with the Christian--God's Son is referred to as the Groom and the Christian is His Bride--homosexuality completely negates this picture.

I'm sorry that those of us who are Christians sometimes portray such an imperfect life. However, just because I still sin doesn't mean that I cannot condemn sin when I see it. I line up with God who condemns all sin. His beliefs are my beliefs. I condemn sin in my life when I see it and try to change. That is the difference between me and a non-Christian--there is no recognition of a need or an attempt to change.

I will conclude this at this point as this post is too long already. Maybe it would be best if you wish to reply to do so by PM as religious discussions can become heated and I do not wish this type of behavior to be exhibited on the forum.

Very sincerely yours,
ole pizen slinger
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

The Lewis wrote:Matthew 23

Hypocrites!
Well, one needs to figure out which side of the fence your on when you yell that word. The Pharisee's accused Jesus of being one throughout his ministry...you know, claiming to be God's Son while at the same time hanging around those nasty sinners that no one wanted anything to do with. In fact, that was the very nature of the "Blind Guides" that Jesus was accusing in Matthew 23. Folks that were always ready to hang someone on the rules, but at the same time refusing to give back any amount of love and mercy that God had shown them. Jesus called them a "stiff necked people".

I haven't read where anyone here is condoning homosexuality. Everyone has rightly called it as leading to death/seperation unless you repent. But because one should give a crack about the lost, as Jesus did......

Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8