We've talked about shooting stray dogs before...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Re: We've talked about shooting stray dogs before...

Post by ceb »

There is not nearly enough detail in that news story to make a judgement one way or the other. I am an animal control warden here in my home county, and I see problems such as these all the time. The article says that Mr Harris went to animal control but decided to handle it himself. To me, that means he didn't want to sign a complaint so that the dog owners would be ticketed, that he would talk to them first. Yes, thats an assumption on my part, but in my experience many times a complaintant doesn't want to get the other party in any kind of trouble. Even at that, here once animal control was made aware of a problem we would go make contact with the owner of the animals and explain that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Once a pet owner has been made aware of a problem it is their responsibilty to keep his or her animals under control. We have no way of knowing if this was a recurrent problem or not. If it was, there should not be any charges filed, the dogs were shot on the complaintants property and the dogs owner probably knew they were not wanted there. Dogs chasing or attacking livestock or other dogs on others property are a huge problem. Mr Harris, as sad as it is, was probably within his rights.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I guess some people forget about what this country was built on private property rights. dogs dont have to bite livestock, chasing them till they go thru wire is the usual result from lapdogs to wolves all canines have it in them. I shoot dogs/canines on a regular basis that are in stock, you wont control them I will. A ranchers well trained 3 stockdogs got in another ranchers stock tearing up a cow calving were caught by a deputy on patrol and he followed them home the dogs owner was contacted the dogs were under the porch the rancher asked the deputy to shoot them as he couldnt but it had to be done to protect others, its called taking responsibility for your actions or lack of. I see on this forum on a regular basis people commenting on the direction of this country of others not taking responsibility for their actions, not doing whats right by others, how others hurt people financially or emotionally, till it comes to dogs. Last year another member of the forum posted he had to shoot a couple of dogs chasing stock whose owners had been warned before and incurred the forum's wrath for protecting his stock, would you protect your livelihood from man or beast? Catching dogs in stock doing damage is about like catching burglars 1 out of a hundred times. When reading the posts here Iam reminded of the old saying " till their ox gets gored ". Let me know when a dog comes on your property and hurts your cat, dog, other pets ,kids or grandkids how you feel about letting dogs run free. animals are injured and killed all the time by roaming dogs and occasionally people are too. Learn to have some sympathy for a person that protects his property on his property. danny
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

BigSky56 wrote:I guess some people forget about what this country was built on private property rights. dogs dont have to bite livestock, chasing them till they go thru wire is the usual result from lapdogs to wolves all canines have it in them. I shoot dogs/canines on a regular basis that are in stock, you wont control them I will. A ranchers well trained 3 stockdogs got in another ranchers stock tearing up a cow calving were caught by a deputy on patrol and he followed them home the dogs owner was contacted the dogs were under the porch the rancher asked the deputy to shoot them as he couldnt but it had to be done to protect others, its called taking responsibility for your actions or lack of. I see on this forum on a regular basis people commenting on the direction of this country of others not taking responsibility for their actions, not doing whats right by others, how others hurt people financially or emotionally, till it comes to dogs. Last year another member of the forum posted he had to shoot a couple of dogs chasing stock whose owners had been warned before and incurred the forum's wrath for protecting his stock, would you protect your livelihood from man or beast? Catching dogs in stock doing damage is about like catching burglars 1 out of a hundred times. When reading the posts here Iam reminded of the old saying " till their ox gets gored ". Let me know when a dog comes on your property and hurts your cat, dog, other pets ,kids or grandkids how you feel about letting dogs run free. animals are injured and killed all the time by roaming dogs and occasionally people are too. Learn to have some sympathy for a person that protects his property on his property. danny
about how i feel as well.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

6pt-sika wrote:
The horse folks I ain't as sure about !
While they "seem" to be decent people I dunno . But I can say this !!!!!!!

"IF" they shot and killed that little Border Terrier that we have in this house not a horse , cat , cow or dog on their property would be safe from me !
The kind of retaliation you're talking about would land you in jail or in the hospital around here, and that is if you were really lucky...

It is a completely different act to kill another's pets or especially their livestock, on THEIR land..

I think you'd best throttle back the braggadoccio a bit..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

We had a neighbor's two boxers get a calf down and chew an ear off. The only thing done to the dog's owners was that they had to pay the vet bills on the calf. No fine and nothing happened to the dogs. They still run loose.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Buck Elliott wrote:"City" types don't "handle" things. They call their lawyers... Spineless idiots...
bet you if you get arrested, you'll be calling your lawyer.
The unsqueamish pet killer did.
The pet owners don't have to call their lawyer, they have 3 or 4 hungry assistant DA's just passed the bar working for them gratis - anxious to play their act and don't care about truth - they only care about wins.
And this thing is going to cost him $10,000 if found not guilty and five times that if found guilty.
You have the idiot thing backwards - unless he considers this a good buy in a cow dog hunt.

Got a brain? Use it, talk to your neighbors and talk to the law.

And Pitchy, you better keep that beast at bay.
Last edited by bdhold on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Lotta blowhards here sometimes. Nothing is very cut & dry in the story I read. To listen to some folks it sounds they can shoot people on their land too just because theyre there. Like I said, lotta blowhards. Right is right & wrong is wrong, if a person needs to talk about how their states laws are different in defending an action I'd imagine they know their wrong but happy nothing can be done about it. Legal & right arent always the same. They shoulda kept better control of their dogs, but since it seems from the story that they were all friends I doubt that they were told how upset their neighbor was. Good neighbors need to come in pairs for it to matter, unfortunately they seem to have misjudged their neighbor. I'd say that if the story is as it reads the mans a bully & coward, but thats just the opinion of a man who respects other people & treats them as he would be treated. This aint 1850 even if we want it to be.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Rusty wrote:We had a neighbor's two boxers get a calf down and chew an ear off. The only thing done to the dog's owners was that they had to pay the vet bills on the calf. No fine and nothing happened to the dogs. They still run loose.
In this case, if they come back and endanger your calves, you shoot the dogs early in the morning and you bury them. The law is not going to write a search warrant to exhume them on your property.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Buck Elliott wrote:"City" types don't "handle" things. They call their lawyers... Spineless idiots...

:?:
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Some states have a Castle, or Make My Day Law.....that don't mean you go shooting at every person that walks across your property. It's not brag to say that if someone shot my dog without cause that the doom would begin to rain down on someone.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Rusty wrote:We had a neighbor's two boxers get a calf down and chew an ear off. The only thing done to the dog's owners was that they had to pay the vet bills on the calf. No fine and nothing happened to the dogs. They still run loose.
In this case, if they come back and endanger your calves, you shoot the dogs early in the morning and you bury them. The law is not going to write a search warrant to exhume them on your property.

This is almost an idea.

Dig your holes in advance and tell your neighbor why.

I bet it'd be the beginnning of an 'understanding' twixt y'all.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: Hobie must have been feeling evil to start this thread :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

of course in the case of shooting cats, we all brought it on ourselves.

Last edited by bdhold on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I don't know where the story in the OP took place.. Laws are probably different there than they are in Wyoming, and that's a shame.. Wyoming statutes regarding livestock and big game and depredation by dogs are very clear, and case law supports everything I have written in this thread. If I shoot a dog (or dogs) for harassing or attacking my horses, I will Not be arrested, but the dog owner(s) could be.. I will not be the one needing the services of a lawyer, but the County Attorney will be on my side, if it should come to that. I'm sorry if some fuzzy-feel-good folks on the board disagree.. That's how it is here.. if you are trespassing on property I own or have control of, expect your butt to get arrested, at the very least.. The police and Sheriff report section of the local paper has notices every week, of folks who got pinched for being where they were not allowed to be.. A heavy proportion of those miscreants are arrogant or ignorant transplants who never learned to concept of property rights, and feel they should be able to go wherever they want. The only property right of consequence to them arises when their uncontrolled yap-dog gets potted for running stock..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

madman4570 wrote:Many GOOD people live in cities and I dare say many in person you would do wise not to call them spineless.
"turning the other cheek" is an allusion to the insult of being slapped.
It doesn't mean take a beating - it means Christians are big enough to take an insult.

also have to assume that at least a little of this was being in character for the audience - and the rest is projection.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

madman4570 wrote: (think maybe that article would have stated)
You would very well of thought wrong to think that. That would require the press to be un-biased and it's been a long long time since I've seen that. Basically, there is no way to know what went down from that article or from the DA for that matter. Heck, the guy coulda warned em a 1000 times and we wouldn't know.

I'm not going to go as far as saying all city folk are this or that. But I will say that a vast majority of them screw up more things when they decide it would be nice to live in a small town or in the country. Just wish they stay in their world.

LK
Last edited by L_Kilkenny on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Buck Elliott wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

"IF" they shot and killed that little Border Terrier that we have in this house not a horse , cat , cow or dog on their property would be safe from me !
The kind of retaliation you're talking about would land you in jail or in the hospital around here, and that is if you were really lucky...

It is a completely different act to kill another's pets or especially their livestock, on THEIR land..

I think you'd best throttle back the braggadoccio a bit..
You miss the jist of my statement !

Our dog is as I said only outside on a leash !
So for them to have shot it , they would have needed to shoot it while I was standing near to it ON MY PROPERTY !
So then if they did that you can bet your life savings that I would take out their livestock . My dog doesn't run free on their property but their GD horses have on my property before !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Buck Elliott wrote:I don't know where the story in the OP took place.. Laws are probably different there than they are in Wyoming, and that's a shame.. Wyoming statutes regarding livestock and big game and depredation by dogs are very clear, and case law supports everything I have written in this thread. If I shoot a dog (or dogs) for harassing or attacking my horses, I will Not be arrested, but the dog owner(s) could be.. I will not be the one needing the services of a lawyer, but the County Attorney will be on my side, if it should come to that. I'm sorry if some fuzzy-feel-good folks on the board disagree.. That's how it is here.. if you are trespassing on property I own or have control of, expect your butt to get arrested, at the very least.. The police and Sheriff report section of the local paper has notices every week, of folks who got pinched for being where they were not allowed to be.. A heavy proportion of those miscreants are arrogant or ignorant transplants who never learned to concept of property rights, and feel they should be able to go wherever they want. The only property right of consequence to them arises when their uncontrolled yap-dog gets potted for running stock..
Thanks for the continuing insults, that shows a lot about character, too. As for the rest of it, you are missing the point that most of us agree that dogs in the act of messing with your stuff can get shot. If they are not, it's different. Given your attitude, and character, I've lost considerable respect for you. Since you consider the rest of us "spineless idiots", I guess you can just KMA. I hope you can read people better than dogs as you just might run into some city boy that will abruptly change your attitude on the subject.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

don't worry about it, miscreants usually means the inbred indigenous. One day we pick on Texans, the next it's city people - we can just lump them all together.
Last edited by bdhold on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Although the article only served to express the dogs owners side of the situation and we don't know the rest of the story I can sympathize with both parties. As a landowner I have shot dogs who were obviously harassing stock and let others that were just running around an having doggie fun enjoy themselves. The dogs in this situation had probably been under the fence on numerous occasions, but if they were just running and not bothering livestock or other animals then he had no cause to shoot them. Some folks tolerate no trespassers, two or four legged, and are mentally unstable enough to shoot either without cause.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

bulldog1935 wrote: . One day we pick on Texans, the next it's city people - we can just lump them all together.
The good folks from Waco (Baylor University) saw fit to pick on us Okies a little bit a week or so ago :oops: :lol:

Boy, this thread shows how we all feel about animals, whether they be dogs or livestock ----- I'm still riding the fence on this one as the media is naturally going to gravitate towards the 2 cute 20 year old girls who lost their dog more so than the "cranky old man" who shot them ---

All the "city folk" vs "country folk" rhetoric is pretty funny though ---- makes me think about what a small town coffee shop conversation may have been like in 1932 :lol:
----- Doug
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I think you will find that the laws tend to follow population density.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

BlaineG wrote:
Buck Elliott wrote:I don't know where the story in the OP took place.. Laws are probably different there than they are in Wyoming, and that's a shame.. Wyoming statutes regarding livestock and big game and depredation by dogs are very clear, and case law supports everything I have written in this thread. If I shoot a dog (or dogs) for harassing or attacking my horses, I will Not be arrested, but the dog owner(s) could be.. I will not be the one needing the services of a lawyer, but the County Attorney will be on my side, if it should come to that. I'm sorry if some fuzzy-feel-good folks on the board disagree.. That's how it is here.. if you are trespassing on property I own or have control of, expect your butt to get arrested, at the very least.. The police and Sheriff report section of the local paper has notices every week, of folks who got pinched for being where they were not allowed to be.. A heavy proportion of those miscreants are arrogant or ignorant transplants who never learned to concept of property rights, and feel they should be able to go wherever they want. The only property right of consequence to them arises when their uncontrolled yap-dog gets potted for running stock..
Thanks for the continuing insults, that shows a lot about character, too. As for the rest of it, you are missing the point that most of us agree that dogs in the act of messing with your stuff can get shot. If they are not, it's different. Given your attitude, and character, I've lost considerable respect for you. Since you consider the rest of us "spineless idiots", I guess you can just KMA. I hope you can read people better than dogs as you just might run into some city boy that will abruptly change your attitude on the subject.
Blaine, Where in Buck's post do you find an insult? Speaking of the proportion of people in trouble with the law for trespassing that are transplants ignorant to property rights and arrogant about it seems to be a statement of opinion and not an insult. Particularly not to you unless you have been pinched by the law for trespassing.

Spineless idiot is too kind a word for someone who moves to a new area, attempts to apply their laws/morals on an established community and then sues members of the community for not conforming to those laws/morals.

I have had dogs my entire life. I spend two solid years on every pup to train them to obey me, my family and to stay on my property. It's hard work training a dog, most folks can't do it due to a myriad of reasons. Those folks should not be allowed to own dogs. That's what cats are for. Indoor cats.

My experiences with dogs leads me to concur with those on this thread that say you can't take the Canis out of a dog. We may wish them to be fur-people, but they are not. Livestock know this and act accordingly. So when Fluffy and Scruffy are meandering around having fun, the creatures around them are not. They run scared. Fact: Every time livestock runs scared the owner loses about a pound of sellable meat per animal. Everytime a show horse runs scared, they can take weeks to regain their composure to show or jump at their prime. Livestock owners have a right to protect their investment and it is our responsibility to control our dogs.

That story was carefully written by a wordsmith to tug at the heartstrings of dog owners. We do not know the whole story. We do know that some of our members are ranchers and they have lived this. Many of them have lost countless dollars due to lost pounds. A couple of them have spoken to that fact on this thread. They know the facts about their own experiences, we don't know squat about the facts of the OP article although a couple of us have posted on this thread like we do.

Letting some "progressive" writer* from a Gannett paper work us into a frenzy is ludicrous.

* - look up her articles. She's a doozy.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Streetstar wrote: All the "city folk" vs "country folk" rhetoric is pretty funny though ---- makes me think about what a small town coffee shop conversation may have been like in 1932 :lol:
If you make it to Smitty's Market in Lockhart for BBQ, make sure you bring your pocket knife. They just hand it to you wrapped in butcher paper. A pulpit on the wall has a butcher knife on a chain. If you didn't bring your pocket knife you're going to have to walk over there and use it to cut your meat, and everybody will know you're not from here.

p.s. - Smitty's smoked meats are worth the trip and if you forgot your pocket knife, they're worth the insult, too.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Streetstar wrote: All the "city folk" vs "country folk" rhetoric is pretty funny though ---- makes me think about what a small town coffee shop conversation may have been like in 1932 :lol:
If you make it to Smitty's Market in Lockhart for BBQ, make sure you bring your pocket knife. They just hand it to you wrapped in butcher paper. A pulpit on the wall has a butcher knife on a chain. If you didn't bring your pocket knife you're going to have to walk over there and use it to cut your meat, and everybody will know you're not from here.

The company i work for is based out of Boerne -- i travel there a couple of times a year :) Lockhart is a little ways off the path, but not so far as to miss out on some good bbq ! I'll bring an appropriately sized blade ! Thanks for the tip
----- Doug
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Lockhart and Luling (12 miles between them) have 5 of the best BBQ markets in Texas - you can get lost for a week there and destroy your cholesterol.
Driving down, stop in Junction and eat at Coopers. They're a little citified now, but they still smile if you eat with your pocket knife. Good grub.
Or if you like pie, turn right and eat at Lum's.

Baylor, huh? We better not pick on the baptists...

Oh, and author of the article has nothing to do with the Fact that shooting those two dogs is going to cost the shooter between $10,000 (not guilty) and $50,000 (guilty). I hope he got that much pleasure from it.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

What the heck are you guys up to, people throwing insults around and you start talking about BBQ. Whats the world coming to. 8)
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Tycer wrote:
BlaineG wrote:
Blaine, Where in Buck's post do you find an insult? Speaking of the proportion of people in trouble with the law for trespassing that are transplants ignorant to property rights and arrogant about it seems to be a statement of opinion and not an insult. Particularly not to you unless you have been pinched by the law for trespassing.

Spineless idiot is too kind a word for someone who moves to a new area, attempts to apply their laws/morals on an established community and then sues members of the community for not conforming to those laws/morals.

I have had dogs my entire life. I spend two solid years on every pup to train them to obey me, my family and to stay on my property. It's hard work training a dog, most folks can't do it due to a myriad of reasons. Those folks should not be allowed to own dogs. That's what cats are for. Indoor cats.

My experiences with dogs leads me to concur with those on this thread that say you can't take the Canis out of a dog. We may wish them to be fur-people, but they are not. Livestock know this and act accordingly. So when Fluffy and Scruffy are meandering around having fun, the creatures around them are not. They run scared. Fact: Every time livestock runs scared the owner loses about a pound of sellable meat per animal. Everytime a show horse runs scared, they can take weeks to regain their composure to show or jump at their prime. Livestock owners have a right to protect their investment and it is our responsibility to control our dogs.

That story was carefully written by a wordsmith to tug at the heartstrings of dog owners. We do not know the whole story. We do know that some of our members are ranchers and they have lived this. Many of them have lost countless dollars due to lost pounds. A couple of them have spoken to that fact on this thread. They know the facts about their own experiences, we don't know squat about the facts of the OP article although a couple of us have posted on this thread like we do.

Letting some "progressive" writer* from a Gannett paper work us into a frenzy is ludicrous.

:P In his posts where don't you find insults....? Hey, I can thump my chest as good as anyone from Cowboy Country :lol: In the Army, there were some cowboys that found I could back it up, too.... :wink: City Boy? Yup, that's me for the most part. Spineless? Wanna find out? :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

harry wrote:What the heck are you guys up to, people throwing insults around and you start talking about BBQ. Whats the world coming to. 8)
Harry
oh, you noticed that - well, we did start with a BBQ insult of pocketknifeless city people.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

harry wrote:What the heck are you guys up to, people throwing insults around and you start talking about BBQ. Whats the world coming to. 8)
Harry

I'm pretty bad about wandering off topic in a lot of threads :oops: :cry: -- i'm working on it though :lol:
----- Doug
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Nothing is ever wrong when discussing BBQ! Personally, I believe there's far more to this story than what was in that article. The "no comment" leaves far too much open for speculation; and as usual, those that file a complaint with the SO first... always initially appear in the right... plus it sells more to a sympathetic readership to slant a story to the "poor, defenseless animals."

I've shot dogs chasing my horses, never a moments regret. If they were a neighbors dog... well, none have come around asking. My neighbor of many years, raised Rotweilers, kept them in his yard and pasture... and the one time I saw them get out and onto my property... he was chasin' them and apologizing to me. He didn't have horses at the time, but did at one time... knew the lay of the land, so to speak.

If Buck seems harsh in his judgements... you ain't sat in his saddle. Some who have, might say he's a tad reserved. Some restraint is in order, fellars.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Tycer wrote:
BlaineG wrote:

"City" types don't "handle" things. They call their lawyers... Spineless idiots...

Guess this might constitute a tad bit of insult????????????????????
When you make a statement like that,might be a good idea first off in front of that wording maybe to say (some/certain/I've seen some/I've heard that some)???????
When you group EVERYONE,that is EVERYONE!
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:wink: I'm done....I've known for years that mud wrestling gets all concerned dirty, and besides, the pigs actually enjoy it. :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

[quote="madman4570]"City" types don't "handle" things. They call their lawyers... Spineless idiots...
Guess this might constitute a tad bit of insult????????????????????[/quote]
I've met a few lawyers I'd call a spineless idiots. Just a difference in punctuation...
Yes, I know what he meant. Let's not be so thin-skinned here. And, there's still not enough in that one article to REALLY make anything but an emotional case for. There ARE two sides to every story. We apparently have only hear one.
BlaineG wrote::wink: I'm done....I've known for years that mud wrestling gets all concerned dirty, and besides, the pigs actually enjoy it. :wink:
Wait a second... is that some sorta slang for us police officers? Even as a former LEO, I'm feelin' insulted now!

Edited to add: Oooops, I forgot the smilies! :P :P :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Griff on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

This ain`t no big deal amungst friends, we all have our way of lives and ride for the brand.
Things are said that don`t mean nuthin and taken the wrong way.
He!! let er go boys, we need each other in one way or another, let the politicians argue.
Go look at last thread and cheer up. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

madman4570 wrote:
How would it go down if a statement was made that???--------------------
Country Folk are just too ignorant to compete in the complex world with most just being the trashy inbreeds that were kicked out of the city.????????? :shock: :lol: :o
Feel it?????????
Feel it? Not so much. I'm a city boy that moved to Appalachia. I have been accepted by the locals after about 15 years and have grown quite a thick skin.

I see zero resemblance of the above country folk slander to Buck's "City" types comment.

Not all city boys are city types. We get lots of city folk moving here, most are OK and down to earth. The City Types can pack up and leave please.

I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill and perhaps taking personal something that was pointed at a much smaller demographic than you are reading. I have been wrong before.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I know a girl who grew up as an outsider moving into in a small historic TX town, and one that's a little more cliquish than most. I have friends there whose families settled in 1855.
Long after she had grown and had kids - been there 30 years, her folks were still known as the "folks who bought the so-and-so place."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

"Country folk are just too sensible to compete in the shallow and un-necessarily complex urban world and must tolerate the trashy amoral inbreeds that populate the city."

I did modify the above quote to correct some obvious typos, but in the current version, I agree wholeheartedly. Right on, man. You tellum.

:lol:

(Sorry, I wanted to play, too.)

:oops: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Best tacqueria I've ever stopped at is in Beeville.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

bulldog1935 wrote:Best tacqueria I've ever stopped at is in Beeville.
We have a pretty good one here in Rockwall. But I don't get up to the city much.
Last edited by Griff on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

This is getting a bit out of hand!
Let all shake hands and agree to disagree.(the what if trashing of "us"country folk was hypothetical only.

I just love my dogs (dogs in general)and the emotions tend to run high
I know we were created in God's eyes and should be thought of as #1) but I do honestly believe (the dog is the most loyal/honest/loving/faithful living thing on this planet)including us! A horse to me cannot even compare(have had them too)but, that's just me.
To some other people it could be Mickey their pet mouse?
I keep my Lab (when not mostly in the house)on a 50ft calf chain adhered to 3 buried 30" in the ground concrete blocks all chained together and hole filled in with rocks/gravel and last 6" soil.He has a 2.5" wide huge HD nylon belt buckle collar and two 24" choke chains.(a special stainless clip attaches to the one choker and nylon collar and a second safety nylon leash comes dual secured off the calf chain at the last 3ft of chain and clips to the last choker so he has dual hookups on 3 different items .He ain't getting loose.
Now,He does have a 40ft X 12ft huge dog run 6ft high but twice in the past he has jumped/climbed out several times???(think he scales the gate?)but then comes scratching on the glass sliding door to come in! Same with a tight proper fitting harness.Somehow without undoing it(he can get out of it)????????

I control my dog(I live in the country)but if my neighbor shot my Lab( :idea: :?: )The schnauzer deal with the wife! :lol: :oops:
Our female mini-schnauzer(never would leave the yard anyway)but is secured when out and we are not there.
Nuff said!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

One thing I have learned in life is that there will always be someone looking for something to be offended by...

If my speaking my mind is offensive to you, you are cordially invited to ignore all further comments posted under my name.

I swear -- some self-described "tough guys" are as thin-skinned as prom queens, finding personal insult where none was given.. No wonder they fancy themselves so formidable.. They must have spent their entire lives picking fights with unsuspecting people, over nothing...

You have little idea of who I am, or where I have been, and are not the arbiters of my thinking or behavior..
Regards

Buck

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Buck Elliott wrote:One thing I have learned in life is that there will always be someone looking for something to be offended by...

If my speaking my mind is offensive to you, you are cordially invited to ignore all further comments posted under my name.

I swear -- some self-described "tough guys" are as thin-skinned as prom queens, finding personal insult where none was given.. No wonder they fancy themselves so formidable.. They must have spent their entire lives picking fights with unsuspecting people, over nothing...

You have little idea of who I am, or where I have been, and are not the arbiters of my thinking or behavior..
I know one thing!
You ain't man enough to admit when you have offended probably half the people on here.
"City" types don't "handle" things. They call their lawyers... Spineless idiots...
Pulling your big bad cowboy stuff don't cut it with me bud!
Maybe shooting a couple more dogs in front of someone might make you feel like a man(you don't fool me) :lol:
I explained my deal above!0(Thin skinned???? :lol: Pal your looking in the mirror bro???)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pitchy wrote:This ain`t no big deal amungst friends, we all have our way of lives and ride for the brand.
Things are said that don`t mean nuthin and taken the wrong way.
He!! let er go boys, we need each other in one way or another, let the politicians argue.
Go look at last thread and cheer up. :)
Yep - like I said somewhere earlier in this thread, I'll bet none of us would actually go out of our way to shoot an 'innocent' dog, particularly one known to be a loved pet. We'd all be more likely to try to solve the problem without the shedding of innocent pooch-blood. Likewise, if there is harm happening, few here would say that defending your livestock is wrong, even if it includes lethal means as a last resort.

The only 'argument' seems to center on what constitutes 'harm' (or 'potential harm'), and how far along is the 'last resort'. We can debate those all day, and neither the urban sissies or the rural hillbillies (...trying to offend both equally :wink: ) will be on the same page, because their neighborhoods are different, as are their lifestyles.

Still it is good that everyone hears the other's "take" on the issue, just so we realize how others think. It might make us a bit more tolerant of someone down the road if we have our own 'dog' or 'livestock' issue.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Buck Elliott wrote:One thing I have learned in life is that there will always be someone looking for something to be offended by...

You know what , those are real good statements you made . However both of them are a two way street and your way ain't always the RIGHT way !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote:Yep - like I said somewhere earlier in this thread, I'll bet none of us would actually go out of our way to shoot an 'innocent' dog, particularly one known to be a loved pet.
I beg to differ !

Our "resident" Wyoming land and cattle baron has already said ANYTHING on his property will be shot . And it kinda gave one the sneaking suspicion that included humans as well !
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Harry
What do you think happened to the fluffy dogs???
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

6pt-sika wrote: I beg to differ !

Our "resident" Wyoming land and cattle baron has already said ANYTHING on his property will be shot . And it kinda gave one the sneaking suspicion that included humans as well !
Please quote chapter and verse... You sir, are entirely mistaken?

I have explained the law and its applications in Wyoming.. If that offends you, we need no further discussion.

I do not gleefully shoot dogs, nor does doing so make me "feel like a man.." it is an unpleasant, but necessary chore at times, which a man must be prepared to undertake..
Regards

Buck

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

6pt-sika wrote:
I beg to differ !

Please quote chapter and verse... You sir, are entirely mistaken?

Buck Elliott wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:

"If I were really lucky" leads me to take that as you saying you would , shoot me , run over me with your truck etc etc etc !

ANother blurb below from the resident cattle baron that leads me to believe .

The reality may sound harsh, but livestock still has legal priority in Wyoming, and more than a few "hobby" ranchers have found out the hard way, that we don't put up with trespassing, by humans or their dogs...
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Buck Elliott wrote:I have neither the time, intention nor obligation to "interview" any new dog I see, and the same goes for the constant influx of new people into the area..
Their ignorance of our laws and mores is no excuse for what they may cause or allow to occur..
Someone once told me, "very often, knowledge feels like it leaves a bloody entrance wound.."

Here's your law!
§ 11-31-107 Running livestock; when killing authorized; liability to owner; exception.

Dogs running livestock against the wish of the owner of the livestock may be killed at once in cases where the livestock has been injured or is threatened with injury. The person killing any dog running livestock is not liable to the owner where the vicious character of the dog or the damage or danger of damage is shown.
When livestock is trespassing upon property the property owner may use dogs to drive and keep off livestock from the property.

Think it says(dog has to be running livestock---------------IN PROGRESS??

Not they were just on my land-------I don't have time to interview them!
You above have already posted it i(n print) ??
I have neither the time, intention nor obligation to "interview" any new dog I see, and the same goes for the constant influx of new people into the area..
Their ignorance of our laws and mores is no excuse for what they may cause or allow to occur..
Someone once told me, "very often, knowledge feels like it leaves a bloody entrance wound.."

Might be mistaken a little wes-----??
Like Buck said, in WY you can shoot stray dogs on your property, no questions asked.
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.