OT threads and J Miller

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT threads and J Miller

Post by J Miller »

Rick,

Not giving up. Just .... suffering from a lack of good do-able ideas at this time.
Sorry to hear about your situation. I do identify with it.
I'm 58 soon to be 59 and the wife will be 62 next B-day. Because of this economy she has decided to take early Social Security. It will mean a guaranteed income at the least. Plus she's not quitting working yet.
Me, well my MD said several years ago I qualified for disability but the SS Dr said no. We haven't had the time, ambition or on my part the desire to go to a lawyer and fight for it. Probably should although I keep hoping for a brain storm that will achieve results.

I think my goal is primarily AZ with NM, NV, or WY in the mix too.
Actually I want either northern AZ or WY, but my wife doesn't want the cold of WY. I think she's a chicken pelosi. But I'm stuck with her.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Heck yea 8) , bugs are getting pretty bad now though. :x
I was stationed in Pheonix in the 70`s and liked the area a lot, could drive in any dirrection and find something different. Wouldn`t mind living out in the desert somewhere, maybe build a straw bale house. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Straw bails with adobe blocks on the outside is one of the most insulated desert type dwellings. But I doubt if the powers that be would let you. It wouldn't meet any codes.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

J Miller wrote:Straw bails with adobe blocks on the outside is one of the most insulated desert type dwellings. But I doubt if the powers that be would let you. It wouldn't meet any codes.

Joe
Then i wouldn`t be far enough out in the desert
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I have a book called the straw bale house.
They actually meet code in many locations.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`ve never seen one , have a buddy that lives in Casa Grande that has been talking about building one someday.
When i lived in Arizona all we had for Air conditioning was a swamp cooler, add humidity to the heat but better than nothing.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Pitchy wrote:I`ve never seen one , have a buddy that lives in Casa Grande that has been talking about building one someday.
When i lived in Arizona all we had for Air conditioning was a swamp cooler, add humidity to the heat but better than nothing.
I used to go to Casa Grande about 6 times a year, we had a vendor there, Mayville metals that built main frame computer frames for us. Always got a kick out of the white flies, like driving thru rain only it left white dust on the windsheild.
WY2000
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

WY2000,

I'd forgotten about the swarms of white flies. Yucky messy things ... boy do I miss AZ.

Joe
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Hobie wrote:
Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I hear ya Joe and can relate 100%. I previously have had my OT posts attacked by nOObie trolls on a few occasions with full immunity which made me realize it was not worth the effort being here so I left for a couple years. I'm back temporarily to test the waters, and so far the trolls have lied quiet but if their behavior is tolerated then it is condoned, and I see no reason to put up with that sort of BS if/when it arises again. I apologize for my OT posts but currently that's all I have to offer too.
Hang in there Joe.
I'd like to know of those instances as that's news to me. Your posts are always interesting as noted by my responses.
Those incidents were over 2 years ago (maybe 3?), and water under the bridge. My apologies Joe for hijacking your thread.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ji,
Can we still make fun of you for showing up at the leverguns safari in flip flops????
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:<snip>

Those incidents were over 2 years ago (maybe 3?), and water under the bridge. My apologies Joe for hijacking your thread.
Ji,
Don't worry about it. Threads never stay on track anyway.
Mescalero wrote:Ji,
Can we still make fun of you for showing up at the leverguns safari in flip flops????
Mescalero,
Let's not be mean now. :wink:

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I'm not being mean, remember that picture; it was funny.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mescalero wrote:I'm not being mean, remember that picture; it was funny.
Of course I remember it.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That is the fun loving Ji I remember.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Mescalero wrote:Ji,
When I lived in Idaho 30 years ago I'd walk in snow to the mini-mart over a block away wearing not only rubber slippers but also shorts, and a T-shirt in 10 degree weather (I acclimated well, and too impatient to dig car out of snow or change into something warmer). The worse I was ever called was "crazy Hawaiian" which I took as a compliment. :wink:
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:lol:
I remember you telling that story!
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

It is nice to see "That Crazy Hawaiian " back posting here again :)
Phil
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

1894 wrote:It is nice to see "That Crazy Hawaiian " back posting here again :)
:mrgreen: Yes it is. And if he leaves again I'll just have to hop a freight to the left coast, then stow away on a tramp steamer bound for Hawaii, search him out and whup some sense into him. :roll:

That'd be some fight :lol: . Two crippled up nincompoops whupin each other :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just teasing Ji.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:lol:
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

J Miller wrote:
:mrgreen: Yes it is. And if he leaves again I'll just have to hop a freight to the left coast, then stow away on a tramp steamer bound for Hawaii, search him out and whup some sense into him. :roll:

That'd be some fight :lol: . Two crippled up nincompoops whupin each other :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just teasing Ji.

Joe
I wouldn't need to fight ya Joe, all I'd have to do is let you try my bicycle. :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Joe, if it weren't for OT stuff I'd only have about 100 posts... :lol:

It's been said before but I'll say it again: the depth of knowledge and experience on this board is amazing. If someone posted a question pertaining to quantum physics and how it relates to swallows migrating there'd be a valid answer within 72 hours max I figure. Someone would be able to explain the hows, whys and even why it's important to know if they are European or African Swallows.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:
J Miller wrote:

Just teasing Ji.

Joe
I wouldn't need to fight ya Joe, all I'd have to do is let you try my bicycle. :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Oh now that's just .... I mean .... like ...... just is ...... well ouch. :o

J :D e
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Hang in there Joe. We who live in Central Il certainly know what your going through. The closest indoor range to me is $14.00 per hour. Very few people own recreational land where a guy could shoot due to the price. Rec land will set ya back around $10,000.00 per acre in Central Illinois. It's a tough place to live if ya like the outdoors and shooting. But it's also a great place to deer hunt if ya got a spot. As for jobs, there ain't too many anywhere these days.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Birdman wrote:Hang in there Joe. We who live in Central Il certainly know what your going through. The closest indoor range to me is $14.00 per hour. Very few people own recreational land where a guy could shoot due to the price. Rec land will set ya back around $10,000.00 per acre in Central Illinois. It's a tough place to live if ya like the outdoors and shooting. But it's also a great place to deer hunt if ya got a spot. As for jobs, there ain't too many anywhere these days.
Well then if you are in central IL too, why don't we get together and have lunch sometime. Perhaps we're close enough to go to one of the $9.00 per hour ranges and kill a few targets.

Yeah, I'm seeing that on the jobs.

Joe