OT - but with sidelever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cavebob
Levergunner

OT - but with sidelever

Post by cavebob »

Some time ago I purchased a 2nd hand Feinwerbau [FWB 601] in excellent condition.

I had no intention of shooting 10M competition - I wanted it for quiet short range practice.
As it turns out my aging eyes do not work well with the competition sights and it now wears a Clearidge rimfire scope with adjustable objective [focusses down to less than 8 yards]

This airgun is great fun to shoot and unbelievably accurate - any shot off the bullseye is due to me.

Bob
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - but with sidelever

Post by 2ndovc »

Neat!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very nice. I shoot 10meter air pistol. very nice
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mighty cool! 8)
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

That would be just the ticket for us town folk. Very cool.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Mighty fancy wood on that there BB gun... :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Outstanding. Many folks dont know about how accurate these things are, one hole groups all day long at 10 meters, if you can hold it!! :)
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I used a slightly less well equipped air rifle to help me practice when I was shooting muzzleloaders in local competition. It boosted me to an "A" class shooter in very short order. they are indeed priceless in that they allow you to practice for long periods of time for very little outlay in ammo and you can do it rain or shine.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Rusty wrote:I used a slightly less well equipped air rifle to help me practice when I was shooting muzzleloaders in local competition. It boosted me to an "A" class shooter in very short order. they are indeed priceless in that they allow you to practice for long periods of time for very little outlay in ammo and you can do it rain or shine.
This is a good strategy. I brought back a Crosman 1377 a couple years ago and it has helped me tremendously in shooting other guns. I hope to pick up an IZH 46M by Baikal next year when we're in the US. 10 meter pistol isn't a common discipline, but it is an exacting discipline that I feel will help me even more than merely plinking around with the Crosman. I'd like to get a good target rifle as well - time will tell if I can scrounge the $$$. The Daisy's single pump pneumatics look promising for the minimal $ outlay. Right now I've got a Gamo CFX that I'm trying at 50 meters. Haven't found a pellet locally that will give me the accuracy I want at that range, but it's still good practice. I need to rig up a good sighting system for it as I want to use it for iron sight practice. In the meantime it's got a Leapers 3X9 mil-dot scope on it and is a real hoot to shoot.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got a .177 pellet rifle about 20 years ago and it was set up with target peep/front globe sights just like a National Match Garand would be, and used it in the apartment for practice with a cheap metal pellet trap and sheet of plywood to protect drywall in case of accident. That thing was good enough that if I shot it off a rest (the end of the couch) at 18 feet I could often (maybe one of every three shots) go through the center of a lifesaver without breaking it :!: Unfortunately, the IDEA was for me to use to practice standing and shooting with a sling, which I'd never done as a kid, and doing it that way, I might go through the hole without shattering the lifesaver maybe one of thirty times on a really good day. :oops:

Still, I think in the U.S. the air rifle seems to be relegated to "toy" status, which is unfortunate; if they used the manly gunpowder, we'd think of them as "suppressed short range sniper rifles, using inexpensive 'caseless' ammunition" - we might even consider them "tactical" [insert "Ooohh's and Ahhhs' here] :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Here are some air guns that you could hunt deer and other critters with.
http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/
WY2000
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Nice air gun. I've got a break-barrel GAMO Whisper .177. They're (air guns) a lot of fun.
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I used t shoot 10m air pistol and rifle. Great fun. That looks like a very nice set-up.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I really thought about getting into shooting the "field matches" when I saw them a few years ago. My problem was the matches here are held on Saturday mornings and I was working then. a field match is like a silhouette match only the targets are mechanical so a small pellet will knock down a large target. they do make some rather interesting looking targets too. The rifle I bought back then was a Chinese made copy of one of the RWS ( I think ) solid breech rifles. I'm sure the rifle would be much more accurate with better sights but as it is now there is no way to put anything else one it. My son and I both have used it numerous times to head shoot tree rats that become too aggressive around the house. Ya gotta aim between the eyes though, they charge when they're wounded.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Wow!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I've shot more air than powder this year. Lots and lots of fun, and very cheap to shoot.
My neighbors don't even know I'm shooting most of the time! The 10m guns can be shot
in a basement. The muzzle velocity of the target guns is only 500 or 600 fps, and they
use a fairly light pellet. Constructing a trap is no problem with some scrap plywood and
some hardware store sheetmetal. The odd errant shot will not even penetrate 1/2"
drywall - although some of the bigger/more powerful guns will. If you can hold 10m rifle
or pistol, and shoot the 10 ring most of the time, you WILL be better with powder,
guaranteed.

And did I mention - lots of fun!! Lots......... :D