OT - F-15 Eagle tribute

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - F-15 Eagle tribute

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Too cool!!! 8)

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos. ... iertech.nl

I know - it doesn't have a lever on it (levergun, that is), but it is still very, VERY cool!!! :D
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

My older brother is a Crew Cheif for F-15's. He is currently stationed at Seymor Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I am fortunate enough to live just a few miles from an AFB where depot level maintenance is performed on the F-15. Functional flight tests are performed regularly where the test pilot takes her for a spin to see if the wings will stay on. They really give those things a workout and it's something to see. On a clear day if you happen to be watching the sky at just the right moment you can see them break the sound barrier as they are dropping back in from their test track. I have jumped out of my skin more than a few times from an unexpected sonic boom.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Way back when, the primary fighter for the air force was the phantom. Big, ugly, dirty, and strong as hell. One day the word came down that an Eagle was inbound for flight demonstration. As we watched, we couldn't see anything. Then suddenly, this big, light blue bird came into view. It blew through the pattern in excess of mach, pitched up and was gone in nothing flat. For those used to watching Phantoms lumber through the sky, it was astounding. Well, the Phantom is just about gone from inventory. And, most of the people flying and working on the Eagle weren't even born when she first took to the sky. But those who saw that first blue Eagle won't ever forget that sight.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad