OT-Obama did not register for selective service?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

OT-Obama did not register for selective service?

Post by JohnnyReb »

This topic may have been addressed already but I thought it would be interesting to read the blog on the Obama Website:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/communit ... commentary
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: OT-Obama did not register for selective service?

Post by Griff »

Don't believe it was required for a couple of years around '75 or so... From the Selective Service System website:
* Men born from March 29, 1957 to December 31, 1959 were never required to register because the registration program was not in operation at the time they turned 18. The requirement to register was reinstated in 1980 and applies to all men born on or after January 1, 1960.
Obama was born born August 4, 1961, and may have been legitimately unaware of the requirement to register.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

I was born in 1960 and was required to register in 1980. It was big news on the radio, TV etc. If you attended college and sought any federal aid or loans, you had to state that you had registered or why you were exempt.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

I was born January 16, 1959, and was not allowed to register. My younger brother was born November 17, 1961, and was required to register.

Obama should have registered. However, with his supporters, it will not matter at all.
There are plenty of better reasons to not vote for Obama.

Could be that he was high on crack at the time, and did not realize that he was required to register.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

I agree that it does not matter with his supporters but might make a difference in the important swing voters.

Kind of hard to ask to be commander in chief when you were not willing to put your name in the hat.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

JohnnyReb wrote:I agree that it does not matter with his supporters but might make a difference in the important swing voters.

Kind of hard to ask to be commander in chief when you were not willing to put your name in the hat.
Clinton dodged the draft, and that bastage could be elected today if it was Constitutionally allowed.
When he ran against Bob Dole, you had a known womanizing lying draft dodger running against a decorated war hero with no dirt at all on him, and the election wasn't even close.

Folks that will vote for someone like Obama cares nothing about his willingness to serve. They only want to be sure that the government will give them things, take care of their every need, allow them to kill their babies, and generally support their immoral lifestyles.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

I have no idea if he registered or not, but the federal law states that if you don't register, you are disqualified from holding certain jobs, including any job in the executive branch of federal government.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jeff Quinn wrote:
JohnnyReb wrote:I agree that it does not matter with his supporters but might make a difference in the important swing voters.

Clinton dodged the draft, and that bastage could be elected today if it was Constitutionally allowed.
When he ran against Bob Dole, you had a known womanizing lying draft dodger running against a decorated war hero with no dirt at all on him, and the election wasn't even close.

Folks that will vote for someone like Obama cares nothing about his willingness to serve. They only want to be sure that the government will give them things, take care of their every need, allow them to kill their babies, and generally support their immoral lifestyles.
+1 Jeff. Obama could walk on stage at one of his rallys, choke a puppy, and kill a baby, and his supporters would still fall all over themselves loving the moron. It would be funny if this disqualified him. I'm surprised Hillary hasn't jumped on it. I'm sure her "dirt-diggers" have - and realized it wasn't going to give her the nomination...
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Lets see if they enforce the law on this despiser of his own country (or is it?).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well if it is true, hopefully Hillary will drop the "bomb" on them at the convention, so she's get the Dem nod.

I'd like to see this be true.

WOW! Those Obama bloggers really know how to have an intelligent discussion.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Born in 60 and i had too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Jeff Quinn wrote:

Truer words Mr. Quinn....
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I was born Sept 59 and missed the cut-off for the "new" registration system by a few months. There was a gap between the end of VN (1975) and the new mail in system that started in late 78 or early 79.
Several of my younger (by a couple of months) pals had to mail a card in.

Maybe it's demetnia...but I remember it like it was yesterday.

~J
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I'd be more worried about how he's going to get past the citizenship test. I read a bit about this... he was not born in the US etc.......

Anything to that?
I guess his Houston TX office took down the Che' posters?
~j
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Griff wrote:Don't believe it was required for a couple of years around '75 or so... From the Selective Service System website:
* Men born from March 29, 1957 to December 31, 1959 were never required to register because the registration program was not in operation at the time they turned 18. The requirement to register was reinstated in 1980 and applies to all men born on or after January 1, 1960.
Obama was born born August 4, 1961, and may have been legitimately unaware of the requirement to register.
Believe me Griff. ALL "Cowards" are aware of the Draft requirements at all times and will do ANYTHING not to comply with the Draft registration requirements.
ED
Yer never too old
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Hillbilly wrote:I'd be more worried about how he's going to get past the citizenship test. I read a bit about this... he was not born in the US etc.......

Anything to that?
I guess his Houston TX office took down the Che' posters?
~j
He was born to a US citizen and if he has a US Passport he's good to go as he's been registered as a US citizen. Look at all the children of servicemen born overseas... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Actually his citizenship status is still in question.

Looking at Obama's website, he has produced a "certificate of live birth" to prove he is a citizen. Certificate of Live Birth is not a birth certificate and you cannot get a drivers license, etc. with it. He has not produced a birth certificate for whatever reason. There are rumors: that his parents were not married; His real name is Barry instead of Barack (changed by his mother because of the fallout with his father); his mother declared her nationality as Nigerian; etc. May not disqualify him but could embarass him and show that he lied.

I have always said: Never underestimate a Clinton. Hillary has never "released" her delegates and may still request her name to be placed on the ballot (to make her supporters feel good about the process). What if during the convention, such a disclosure was made that compromised his "electability"?

Hillary says that she is behind Obama all the way...... last place I want a Clinton to be is behind me!!