OT Stolen Ruger No. 1 in PA (single shot lever?) Pics added

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sharps54
Levergunner

OT Stolen Ruger No. 1 in PA (single shot lever?) Pics added

Post by sharps54 »

Moderators, if this should be in a different area please move it

The Ruger No. 1 Schuetzen rifle I was selling was stolen while in care of UPS and if anyone comes across it I (and the buyer) would appreciate a "heads up." It has been entered NCIC as stolen firearm by the local PD, Swatara Township in PA. It is a blued Ruger No.1 with a heavy Douglas barrel in .32-40. It has a front sight base, is drilled and tapped for scope blocks and has Weaver adaptors on the Ruger bases. The forearm has a mount for a palm rest and this is the older model with the red recoil pad. The serial number is 130-21243. It was last seen with a set of rings mounted on the Weaver bases and packed in a light brown / tan hard case with broken clasps. Also in the case was the palm rest, a breech seater and a bullet mould. I will add some photos to this thread tomorrow.

It was last known to be at the Harrisburg, PA UPS center, if you come across it please notify me and the Swatara Township Police who have reported it stolen. Their number is 717-558-6900.

Thank you very much for reading this, I can be reached at this site by IM.
Last edited by sharps54 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Stolen Ruger No. 1 in PA (single shot lever?)

Post by C. Cash »

Sorry to hear this...will keep an eye out for it.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I'll keep an eye and ear open as well.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

YOU CAN USE THE UPS TRACKING SYSTEM TO FIND OUT EXACTLY
WHERE THE PACKAGE WAS ROUTED AND SCANNED IN...
HOPE IT WAS INSURED!
CHECK THE PAWN SHOPS IN THE LAST SCAN SITE!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
sharps54
Levergunner

Post by sharps54 »

I want to thank everyone for keeping an eye out, this isn't a rifle that will be of much interest to most criminals (not to many drivebys or holdups with single shot rifles) so I assume they will try to move it. The local PD have entered it stolen NCIC so if the serial number is run by any law enforcement agency in the country it will come up as stolen. The local ATF was also contacted and the PA State Trooper on assignment with them that I talked to told me he was contacting the local shops to let them know to be on the look out for it.

ETA it was insured and I filed the claim with UPS today, by far the worse part of the process has been dealing with UPS. Both the local PD and the ATF were very easy to deal with.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

It was obviously an inside job at UPS and UPS does not want to admit culpability. They may not admit it, but I'll bet they have a video camera system in their distribution warehouse. Check with the investigator at the local PD and see if he asked about this. Also have him check the UPS records to see if their is a pattern of stolen items from this warehouse or that particular truck/driver's route. I'll bet this isn't the first time. If the rifle does not turn up, this will be your best bet at finding the thief.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

No gun I ship looks like a gun while shipping. If I have to disasemble it to make it fit in a "non-gun" box I do.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

darn, I hate to hear about thievery of any kind, but especially of firearms. I hope they nail this scumbag's hide to the wall when they get him! :twisted:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

They have caught these scum doing this before. A handler with an extra shipping label in his pocket will paste the new label over the old one and have it delivered to a friend's house. The higher ups at UPS know all about it.

I hope you get it back.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
sharps54
Levergunner

Post by sharps54 »

Here are the pics
The buttplate was not stolen but the breach seater and palm rest were as was a bullet mould.

Thanks for helping me keep an eye out!
Last edited by sharps54 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Stolen Ruger No. 1 in PA (single shot lever?) Pics added

Post by 6pt-sika »

Man I would have liked to had the stock off that rifle for one of ours !

This makes me feel way way more fortunate that all the gun transactions I have done in the last 5 or 6 years have not come up missing !

The ones coming to me far exceeded those I sent to others ! However there are still a fair amount that I have shipped to someone !

Wish you luck on a speedy recovery :!:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Wow...nice rifle! I hope it turns up soon.

I think a Fed Ex Driver kept a big box of once fired AA hulls once. They left a sticker on the door... but it snowed that day and there were no new footprints in the yard. He never dropped them or someone beat the snow and took the box.

The claims process was more time than the $30 bucks I lost.

Hill
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Here's something you might consider. I run my business out of my house (consultant). So I get quite a bit of stuff shipped here via Fedex. I'm on a first name basis with my delivery guy. When it's hot he gets a cold drink and so on. While this may not prevent other employees from becoming sticky fingered, I figure it's pretty good insurance, and cheap. So, buy some stuff and have sent to the house. Get to know the driver.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Sharps 54,
My sympathy is with you. Next to a child predator, a thief is on my hate/shoot/kill list. As I live in Pa. and attend most of the shows from Harrisburg east, I will keep an eye out and if I see it, I will confiscate it using my own set of rules----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

sharps54
Levergunner

Post by sharps54 »

BTT, I won't bump it again but since the bandwidth of my photo page was exceded I have switched the photos to another page. I wanted to bump just in case someone couldn't see the photos the first time.