Yard hydrants

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Yard hydrants

Post by AJMD429 »

I may be a high-falutin’ fee-zishun type, but grew up and still live in a culture where the best wives love an anniversary gift like installing a few yard hydrants WAY more than a necklace. That was what I got mine for our 10th, doing my best to up the ante from the wheelbarrow I got her on out 9th but not close to matching the HK-M7 pistol from the 8th.

Anyway, they are all starting to need servicing and sadly pulled up versus just a stem and seal job…

https://youtu.be/3Onyzg6IiGo?si=dnFUmhBvDMmz5n4B

I wish I had thought of this 25 years ago when I installed six or so of these hydrants.

They are now starting to replace, and this sleeve idea would make it much simpler.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Yard hydrants

Post by TraderVic »

Yard hydrants are quite useful, but a necklace is likely cheaper.
I installed two here on the farm, back when we built the house in 02'. WI now requires an anti-siphon device on hydrants because some moron in this state spilled diesel or something similar around his hydrants and apparently contaminated his aquifer.
Hydrants up here are "frost free", I think they cost about $500 ea before installation.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Yard hydrants

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had to look up yard hydrants. I have only ever had hose bibs and underground sprinkler systems.