Interesting Read.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WCG
Levergunner

Interesting Read.

Post by WCG »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Interesting Read.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Read about Costner's speech in the newsletter I get from the Rolling Plains Quail Research Foundation. Always nice to find out that a public figure is the real deal.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks like a Beretta S O gun, he has good taste !
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

So we like him now?

Don't be fooled. A lot of anti gun politicians hunt too.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

All I said was he had good taste! I dont follow anyone, never have so I don't know anything about his politics, he could be a Martian that identifies as a Maine coon cat for all I know ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:48 pm All I said was he had good taste! I dont follow anyone, never have so I don't know anything about his politics, he could be a Martian that identifies as a Maine coon cat for all I know ! :lol:
No, I know Gunny.
Them types just irk the bejesus out of me. Politicians.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

OldWin wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:27 pm So we like him now?

Don't be fooled. A lot of anti gun politicians hunt too.
Yeah - I used to automatically respect those who hunt their meat instead of buying it, just because it is harder work, and more ethical. But after running gun-show tables for years trying to educate attendees on proposed gun laws and get them to participate politically, I found that a HIGH percentage of 'sportsmen' are pretty useless as 'citizens' - they could care less about the social stability the Second Amendment is supposed to support, and often would express contentment with gun registration or bans on 'scary guns' just as long as they could keep their blued-steel-and-walnut 'sporting' firearms.

I'd tell them that if anything, the Constitution does NOT in any particular way support their nice target rifle or duck gun, whereas if you look at the intent it DOES protect the 'sniper' rifle or the 'combat' shotgun, or yes - the 'assault' rifle.

It's fine if you want to have the hobby of playing with guns, and I support that just like fun-but-frivolous things like golf, frisbees, and collecting stamps - but if the Fudds want to have the right to do that stuff, yet are 'willing' to allow scary looking AR-15's and stuff to be restricted, I have ZERO respect for them. They are willing to endanger society in order to protect a hobby, whereas the people pushing against assault weapon bans are wanting to make society SAFER, despite the political pressure to conform and virtue-signal against guns. THOSE are the truly courageous citizens.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Well put Doc. If I was smarter, that's what I would have conveyed. It was exactly what I meant.