Too Good to Be True...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Too Good to Be True...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

... is indeed too good to be true.

One of the various retailers I've bought from is Natchez Shooting Supply. I like them. Recently had an e-mail that they were running a special waiving the hazmat fee for orders over $99.99. They also had Large Pistol Primers in stock - and my favorite brand (CCI # 300). Well, that is what a 1,000 primers goes for now. :evil: I have a few such boxes left, some marked $29.99. Those were the days...

But - they have them. I have not seen LPP in stock anywhere in a very long time.

So, I decided to take a quick look at my usual online haunts - MidwayUSA and Brownell's. Brownell's had them in stock for a few bucks less, but the hazmat fee would make them more expensive. MidwayUSA is out of stock (as they have been forever). But during my search I came across a couple other websites that had them in stock, and one for $48/1,000!

Too good to be true.

So I asked online if the retailer was legit, and sure enough, it was a scam. And there were a ton of such websites. Apparently, if anything is in short supply, somebody will run a scam to try to cheat people looking for it. Including primers! :evil:

Be careful when surfing...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Too Good to Be True...

Post by gamekeeper »

These days it's best to stick with known suppliers, better to pay a few bucks more than give your hard earned cash to a thief...
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Yep, lots of scam sites out there. If you find something available on an unfamiliar site that's out of stock everywhere else, you can bet it's a scam.
NRA Life Member
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Hi Jay:

Just in case the primers you order from a reputable source aren't what you think they are -- have them drop-shipped to me here. I will run some tests on a few hundred or so, and then report back to you if they're OK or not. This is the only way you can be sure of the the quality, and I'd be glad to help you out.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's the spirit no7 . what a Guy!.. 8) .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have a host of friends... :D