Special offer / competition exclusive to levergunners

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CTSafaris
Levergunner

Special offer / competition exclusive to levergunners

Post by CTSafaris »

Folks,

17 years ago, I hosted my first lever action enthusiast (Andy Law) who came to hunt Africa with his .357mag. This in turn lead to the first ever Levergunner group hunt in Africa safari back in 2006 – arranged and hosted by Paco Kelly. More levergunner groups of various sizes joined me over the next years and this was not only the start of “levergunners in Africa”, but also the start of a tradition…

Hunting Cape Buffalo with a levergun enthusiast this year got me thinking that it’s about time to revive the tradition and for this reason I have put a special package / competition together – exclusively for members of the leverguns.com forum. By entering this competition you can get up to 50% discount on the daily rates of your hunt with CT Safaris!

To qualify for this special offer, you need to:

1. Be a member in good standing of www.leverguns.com.
2. Own at least one lever action rifle and be prepared to bring it with you to South Africa to hunt with.
3. Provide proof that you know how to use your levergun.
4. Indicate that you can take the time off to come on safari and be willing to spend at least $5,000 on an African hunt.

How do we do this?

1. You can enter this competition by posting here on this thread.
2. When you post, please post a picture of you with your favorite levergun.
3. And in the same post, post a picture of your best 3 shot grouping with your levergun at 100 yards including detailed measurements i.e. 1” grouping, 2” grouping etc...
4. When you enter the competition, $1,000 non-refundable will become payable by you.

So what is the deal?

1. This offer is made subject to the condition that at least 4 levergunners sign up for the safari.
2. This is for a 2X1 hunt i.e. two clients being guided by one professional hunter and is priced accordingly.
3. The first member to post automatically qualifies for a 50% discount on the daily rates for this 7 day safari.
4. The member with the best 100 yard grouping (as evidenced by the picture he/she posts), qualifies for a 50% discount on the daily rates of his safari.
5. Whoever else enters will get 15% discount on the daily rates of his safari.

For example:

1. My standard 2X1 daily rates for a 7 day safari is $2,795 ($+-$400pd). If you are the first to sign up for this safari, your daily rates will only be $1,397.50 (+-$200pd).
2. If you can show that you got the best grouping at 100 yards with your levergun you will also only pay $1,397.50 (+-$200pd) in daily rates.
3. And if you don’t qualify for any of the above, you’ll still qualify for 15% discount on your daily rates and only pay $2,375.75 in daily rates.

What is included?

1. Road transfer from OR Tambo Int Airport in Johannesburg to my hunting camp and back as well as all transportation during the hunt in fully equipped 4WD hunting vehicles.
2. All accommodations, meals and beverages.
3. Daily Laundry Service.
4. Services of Professional Hunters, Trackers, Skinners and Field Staff.
5. Field dressing (skinning, marking, salting and drying) of trophies.
6. Delivery of prepared trophies to Something Africa Taxidermy.
7. 10% discount on trophy preparation (taxidermy and/or dip and pack) by Something Africa Taxidermy.

What is excluded?

1. Airfare and transportation from your hometown to Johannesburg and back.
2. Accommodation before and after the contracted period of the hunt.
3. Trophy Fees for animals hunted during the safari.
4. Taxidermy and/or dipping/shipping charges.

For details on available trophies and relevant pricing, please visit the “http://www.ct-safaris.com/rates-fees” page on my website.

This competition opens at the time of me making this post and will close on New Years’ Day 01/01/2023.

Let’s see how many of you would like to hunt Africa with fellow levergunners at a discount… We're now making it even more affordable than ever before!

Best of luck!
Best regards,

Chris Troskie
email: chris@ct-safaris.com
www.ct-safaris.com
Tel: +27 82 859-0771
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Special offer / competition exclusive to levergunners

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Guys, if you have never been to Africa for a hunt, take Chris's fine offer very seriously. You'll have the time of your life, and you will never forget the experience. When my brother and I did a plains game hunt in Namibia with Shona Adventures in 2007, we brought two rifles -- my CZ 550 in 9,3X62 and Dave's Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage. When we slid it out of the case, our PH and his head tracker got huge grins on their faces -- they had never seen a 99 in the flesh, nor had they seen the stubby little minor miracle that is the .300 Savage round. Alas, when we checked the accuracy of the rifles before the first hunt, something had gone way wrong with the scope on the 99, so we ended up sharing my bolt gun.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Special offer / competition exclusive to levergunners

Post by AJMD429 »

I would definitely take my Big Horn aArmory 89 in 500 Smith & Wesson, given some of the potential game, but I would probably take my Marlin 336 XLE in 444 Marlin as ‘backup’, just because it’s ‘different’.

However, the odds of me getting a three day weekend become slim and anything more than that slimmer, and I doubt that scraping up the funds somehow in the midst of a chapter 11 business restructuring would go over well even if I somehow managed it.

On top of that, I’ve never been really keen on traveling more than 100 miles or so from my birthplace, so I guess I’ll have to live this experience vicariously.

However, I hope if someone goes for it, that they do a good writeup, because there’s nothing better on a cold winter day than sitting inside sipping some Knudsen ‘Lemon Ginger Echinacea’ juice with a bit of bourbon in it, and reading a good hunting story or adventure...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "