The military's new SIG rifle...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

The military's new SIG rifle...

Post by AJMD429 »

This is interesting. I just wonder how long the shelf life of that bi-metallic cartridge will be in storage because it seems to me whenever you have two dissimilar metals in contact you start getting corrosive effects after a while.

https://youtu.be/MTZRCEh1Czg

The other aspects of the firearm seem pretty standard and sensible.

Resupplying and inventory and logistics always seem to be the biggest challenge whenever they switch things like this though.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Re: The military's new SIG rifle...

Post by Alan Wood »

I do wonder if they have thought through the implications of the substantially more powerful combat rounds vs the practice rounds. The dissimilar metals of the case issue with the combat rounds well if they don't have that solidly solved is going to be a big problem. I don't see them spending overly old combat rounds on machine gun ranges to keep the inventory fresh.