1892 winchester front sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

1892 winchester front sight

Post by Rockrat »

Finally took out my '92 to see how it shoots. Won't tell you how long I have had it and not shot it, but its been years since I bought it. It looks too good to not have been refinished, but what the heck, bought it as a shooter. Its a 32-20 RBFM. Shot at a chunk of clay pigeon at our 100yd berm and it shoots 2 ft. High!! With the rear sight elevator all the way down. It has a 21d front sight on it and was wondering what was the origional sight height for these guns. Need a taller front sight!!

Also took out my Rossi OBFM stainless 357mag '92 clone, trying a new bullet. A keith style SWC hollow point, loaded with 10gr 2400, in 38 special cases. Suprised it fed. Pretty picky about what it feeds. Need to get the DVD and do some action work on it. Had to raise the rear sight elevator two notches, but it shot about 2" high @ 100. Got that durn chunk of clay pigeon on the second shot!!
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Re: 1892 winchester front sight

Post by Pat C »

Looking at three different Winchester componant catalogs it shows three heights .360 , .381 , and .435
The latter are series 21C and 21H ,the lower is Lyman .
None are listed by caliber only listed as sporting rifle .