Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney, PA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney, PA

Post by kaschi »

Well, ol Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means 6 more weeks of winter weather. I grew up 25 miles away from "Punxy" as its called in that corner of the world, but have never been to the weather prediction festivities. Have any of you guys gone to it?
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney, PA

Post by Bill in Oregon »

No sir. We sure have winter here in the desert this morning -- 19 degrees, a couple of inches of snow, and roads crunchy with ice.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

No, but one of the sad transitions in my life was when a lifelong friend passed away who used to unfailingly send me a Groundhog's Day card every year. We started hunting groundhogs together in 4th or 5th grade if I recall correctly.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Groundhog is tasty if skinned properly and roasted on a rack to drain the grease. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Blaine wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:07 pm Groundhog is tasty if skinned properly and roasted on a rack to drain the grease. :idea:
Especially when they are about 7 months old and lived in a clover field.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!