I started with scrap wood, cardboard, screws, and staples,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

I started with scrap wood, cardboard, screws, and staples,

Post by Bitmap »

applied a table saw and a drill and got this -

Instant target holders. Crude, but effective. Everything was just taking up space at my place. The only thing I had to pay for was the electricity for the power tools.

Detail of one front and back.

Front and back of one taken down for storage and transport.

I keep some heavy parts of old tractor implements handy to anchor them down on windy days.

For cheapo targets I talked to the woman at my job that goes around and updates all the bulletin boards. She pulls down the old ads and dumps them in the trash. I got her to save me a big stack of them about 18" high of 8.5"x11" and 11"x17" paper. I printed some targets from a website and went to Office Depot. They printed me a BUNCH of targets on my paper for 0.5 cents each. I pay about as much for the staples to put the targets up as I do for the targets.

Some things in life are almost free.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I started with scrap wood, cardboard, screws, and staples,

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D More money for powder and lead!! :D
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Good job! Those will serve you well!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

The kinda DIY project that I like! Well done.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Good job :D . I bought a big bundle of surveyors sticks and just drive them in the ground and attach card board. As they get shot up or rot I replace them. I figure a bundle will last me a couple of years with good shooters. :D
Ricky

DWWC
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ought to do the job nicely.
NRA Life Member
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That looks good to me. When we go to the range up in the Sylamore National Forest we have to take targets and your take down stands will be perfect. Thank's for the great idea.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Since Bitmap is into recycling, can we claim that "leverguns.com" is now a "green" site? :wink:
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Very nice target stands. :D

Another thing that I find works good is those campaign signs that are on a wire frame that people stick in their yards. Seriously, they store flat in your vehicle, its easy to staple a target to them, and they go into the ground good if the range isn't too rocky. Now I am not saying to take them where you find them as some folks get irritated.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I did the same but started with PVC pipe from Home Depot. It's easy to cut, light, and you can buy right-angle connectors to put them together.

You should buy a special cutter for $10, makes the job easier.

If you shoot one of the pipes, it's nothing to pop in another one. The PVC pipe is almost free, just a couple bucks for 8 feet.

Squares of cardboard attach to the frame with pipe cleaners. I also have a life sized deer silhouette that mounts to it as well.

I've made feet for it to stand up, or I can remove them and stick the frame into existing holes in railroad ties at the range.

Last time out, everybody's targets blew away but mine, stuck in the railroad ties. The frame is quite flexible and takes a whipping.

Lastly, the frame parts pack into a plastic tube (meant for drawings) for easy grab and go.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I like those, they look nice. I should build some like that too considering how much junk lumber I have in my possesion.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog