OT: Oregon balloon man

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Oregon balloon man

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Most of you no doubt heard about my fellow Oregonian, Kent Couch, who achieved his goal Saturday of flying in a lawn chair lifted by helium balloons from Bend, Oregon, to Cambridge, Idaho. When he crossed over Hell's Canyon in that contraption, he must have felt the wonder of God's creation. Anyway, I just want to point out that his whole flight was a celebration of boyhood innocence and wonder, right down to the cherry Kool-aid ballast and the Red Ryder BB gun to shoot out balloons on his descent. I find it so refreshing in our mess of a world to know that for some of us, the Inner Child is alive and well and doing great things. I might be wrong, but this also strikes as a very American sort of adventure. I would also bet the Creator got a chuckle out of this.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Oregon balloon man

Post by Grizz »

I love that story... I agree, that guy know's what counts for sure...

Grizz
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

A big smile here, along with a snappy salute for Mr Couch. Its refreshing to see that I'm not the only 10 year old, still trapped in a grown mans body.

:D :D :D
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

"From the first time I saw that on TV in black and white I have alway wanted to try it. He is my hero.
It is not the critic who counts
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I just read about him this morning. What a great adventure. I agree, that ride over Hells Canyon in that flying machine would have been incredible. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member