OT--I always wanted a Timberwolf

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

OT--I always wanted a Timberwolf

Post by Rod WMG »

But a few years back I bought a replica of the Colt Lightning, an AWA in .45 Colt. Other brands mi,mcing the Colt may well be better; I KNOW they are cheaper, but I'm very pleased...to the point that I go to sleep most every night lately dreaming of how to use this rifle.

The basic design may be suspect. After all, other pump guns made it, but this one failed while various leverguns flourished. My AWA had a screw which was faulty and the loading gate wouldn't function properly. And the mag spring is so heavy it will unload the rifle on its own after I load about three rounds if I don't watch it closely. But it shoots high dollar Rem. .45 colt (non-cowboy) loads to POA at a hunnerd yards and hits hard. I'd like to try it on deer and such.

It's pretty sleek and not too heavy. The trigger is good and the sights are okay. I've never fired a Timberwolf, but I think I'm just as happy as if I'd have bought one.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--I always wanted a Timberwolf

Post by rjohns94 »

So where are the pics? :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Can't take any right now. Maybe sometime next week late. So solly!
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

:cry:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Here is a photo of a Timberwolf in case anyone is unfamiliar.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displ ... um=8087205

And, while I can't provide photos of mine right now, here are some good photos of a Lightning AWA.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin ... emID=21859
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

thank you sir
Mike Johnson,

preventec47
Levergunner 2.0

Post by preventec47 »

Taurus just came out with a pump rifle called the Thunderbolt.
I dont know if they make it however.
45 LC and 357 mag are calibers.
The article mentioned they are cheaper than all
the other reproductions available..
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Taurus and Beretta make/did make Lightning replicas. I'm pretty sure both are cheaper (much cheaper, apparently) and possibly better made.

The ad in the link shows a used gun for more than I paid new a few years back.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I did a "round-up" on the Lightning repros last August (with links). Colorado Native showed me the ones they had and I've seen the Berettas, too. I have not bought one.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

"I always wanted a Timberwolf"

This is the first I heard of them. Interesting gun.... and built by Israeli Military Industries - :o

The 44 Mag chambering seems to be rarer than .357, and EXPENSIVE !! http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewIt ... m=99656397
Last edited by Bruce Scott on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

The expense was the reason I didn't get one way back when.
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Cut a few inches off the magazine spring on that Lightning. This will lighten the spring considerably.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Red, I'm with you on that. When my health improves, that and other projects await.
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Get well soon, Rod.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Thanks, Red.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

your health is in my prayers.
Mike Johnson,

Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Thanks, Mike. I don't like to complain, but I have been hampered with heart and other problems for some time. Also, my amputed leg has ulcers on the stump and I'm not supposed to walk on it till it heals.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Hobie, I wrote and lost a post in reply to your link earlier today. I won't try to duplicate it, but will say that it was a very good "roundup." Thanks for the link.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Rod WMG Me being an old hunting dog man got all excited and thought you were getting the four legged hairy kind, king of all hunting dogs, sure shows how we can be fooled OH well.
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Sorry, Winchester. Didn't mean to deceive. I forget that not everyone is old enough to remember the Timberwolf pumpguns.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

I think I've seen one Timberwolf before, but I didn't buy it. I remember reading about them in the gun magazines back in the 80s, I think. I was interested, but never enough to look hard for one.

As an aside, my father in law said good things about chelation therapy, and how it helps to improve circulation and blood flow to the extremities. He said many diabetics he sat and visited with while getting the treatments said they were getting good results from chelation therapy.