What a talent!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

What a talent!!!

Post by wvfarrier »

I fell down the youtube rabbit hole and found this. You have got to see this kid play the guitar. Its supernatural

https://youtu.be/jaLKx4dA_Oc
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: What a talent!!!

Post by Blaine »

Flamingo to the nth degree...Wow.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

He certainly has talent 8) I personally preferred the last performance as the earlier ones (to me) were a bit over the top...
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

thanks for the link, maybe someone will film him with a high-speed camera so i can see what's going on. he is a prodigy. i hope he studies music for a while, and plays with some flamenco guitarists, and then plays classical music with an orchestra. to see if he elevates the playing of the others. or not.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

When it comes to flamenco I’m a traditionalist. He’s talented no doubt. But the fusion and overtly showy style leave me cold. I’d rather hear the melody and feel the emotion that drives flamenco than have my ears assaulted by what he plays.

Flamenco is about emotion. Joy, tragedy, love and loss. Playing it like that strips all that away and you loose it’s soul.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I watched an interview Dave Navarro did and he said the kid was the best player he had ever heard
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Ray wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:38 am Many thousand of hours of practice/rehearsing there......

Do video searches for "gabriela y rodrigo" for something more traditional and "jim stafford" for same but with southern humour.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... +y+rodrigo+

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-UUvuW0NbLQ

scarlett rabanal.....

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRw3z5L- ... 4rg/videos
Thanks for the Scarlett link. Worship in the language of love. A treasure.

The other links sent me around half the globe listening to flamenco. Arab flamenco and Turkish flamenco and Gypsy flamenco and the fusion of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TVWAuKcnQM

Scarlett is in my "do not delete" folder.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

At its core, flamenco is dance music and the guitarist fills the role of accompaniment to the dancer. Among traditional flamenco players, Paco DeLucia is generally considered the Master, although he did a bit of fusion as well, with Al Dimeola and John McLaughlin on the album " Saturday Nights in San Francisco." I prefer the traditional stuff. Paco died on a beach in Mexico a few years back, not a bad end...RIP.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

octagon wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 pm At its core, flamenco is dance music and the guitarist fills the role of accompaniment to the dancer. Among traditional flamenco players, Paco DeLucia is generally considered the Master, although he did a bit of fusion as well, with Al Dimeola and John McLaughlin on the album " Saturday Nights in San Francisco." I prefer the traditional stuff. Paco died on a beach in Mexico a few years back, not a bad end...RIP.
Flamenco, to me, is the combination of the cante, music and dance. The cante tells the story (it is after all folk music), the dance interprets the story, and the music is the glue that holds it all together.

By the way, how many have thought it cute when their little girls or grandkids do the Macarena? Now google it and discover what the song and dancer are really about. All I can say is the original Macarena supposedly looked pretty good naked.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad