Suppressors - I think the 'Mystic' is awesome

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Suppressors - I think the 'Mystic' is awesome

Post by AJMD429 »

It started out as a '9mm Pistol Can', but it is so versatile with the multiple threaded adapters (both fixed and active booster types), that people began using it on rifles from 35 caliber on down with good results, so the manufacturer created an upgrade program to strengthen it (and improve noise reduction a bit as well). Recently I sent mine back to LibertyCans to upgrade it to current 'Mystic-X' specs, and now it is rated for up to 300 Win Mag...!!! :shock:

The diameter is 35 caliber, so it covers tons of cartridges, PLUS it is a take-apart can, so doesn't get gunky or hard-to-clean after hundreds of rounds of wax-coated lead bullets (I shoot lots of 38 Special and 357 Mag through it, and it is so light weight that I actually use it on my 22 LR's.

It's not particularly pretty, but as suppressors go, it is light weight vs the cartridges it covers, and being able to use it on pretty much anything you own in 35-caliber-or-less means you will likely not need another suppressor unless you want a really tiny 'rimfire pistol' one (the Mystic-X isn't bad on my Ruger Mk3/45 22 LR though), or a bigger-than-35 caliber one.

I could use mine on all the sub-35 stuff I own:

35 Remington, 357 Max, 357 Mag, 38 Spl, 9mm Para, 380, 7.62x39, 32-20, 32 H&R, 30-06, 308, 30-30, [u[300 Blackout[/u], 7mm Rem Mag, 280 Rem, 6mm, 223 Rem, 222 Rem, 218 Bee, 22 Hornet, 22 WMR, 22 LR, 17 Hornet, and 17 HMR.

Unfortunately I only have threaded firearms in a few of those chamberings., but once I find a gunsmith who can do that (and do it RIGHT), I'll spend the money from time to time to get a few more threaded. Several are Contender or Encore barrels, so they will be pretty easy I'd think; plenty of meat on the barrels, and barrel easy to remove.

So if anyone is looking at suppressors, I'd strongly consider LibertyCans - https://libertycans.net/mystic-x/

(...and no, I don't get any sponsorship from them or anything. I just want them to sell bunches of suppressors, and grow to a bigger company and make more cool stuff... :wink: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Suppressors - I think the 'Mystic' is awesome

Post by ndcowboy »

I have two suppressors sitting in the dealers safe waiting for their tax stamps. Bought them on black friday. Neither are the same as the one you have but hopefully they are solid. The wait to buy something to screw on the front of a barrel is outrageous.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ndcowboy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:28 am I have two suppressors sitting in the dealers safe waiting for their tax stamps. Bought them on black friday. Neither are the same as the one you have but hopefully they are solid. The wait to buy something to screw on the front of a barrel is outrageous.
The nice part of the delay is you have already recovered from the expense by the time you go pick up your 'free' suppressor.... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

If you buy a commercial manufactured can the wait and s about a year. I personally know two guys who bought higher end kits and did the form 1.....28 days from email to approval. Why the difference????Dunno but facts is facts. I have the silencerco hybrid 46, and it is rated for full auto 458SOCOM, however I can’t imagine shooting that gun full auto. During the waiting period buy as many heavy for calibers bee bullets as you can find.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.