Gunshow report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Gunshow report

Post by jnyork »

A friend and I went to the annual Wyoming Weapons Collectors gunshow in Riverton WY this morning. This is usually one of the best gunshows in the state, they dont allow any beanie babies, homemade fudge, etc, just guns and gunstuff. Did not see one person with a mask on.
VERY large crowd, hard to get up and down the aisles in places. Lots of black rifles at $ 600 and up, didn't look much higher than precovid. Several tables of S&W revolvers , older models in fine condition. Quite a few old Winchesters and Colts but no real museum pieces. No 22's to speak of except several early Marlin 39 models at $1900 up. Also, one very nice Anschutz with all accessories and sights at $1700 , dang near bought it but thought better of it. Several tables of reloading components, powder at $50 a pound and up. Bullets seemed generally more reasonable, die sets no higher than normal although not one set of 9mm dies in the building. Primers were outrageous. Friend bought a nice Hunter brand leather rifle saddle scabbard for $35.00, a good deal. Lots of the usual hunting rifles and shotguns at about the usual prices. Friend bought lunch for us off the food truck, dang good burgers and fries. Came home $5 poorer for the door fee, didn't spend anything more.

Must say something about age and experience when you do a gunshow with $1,000 in your pocket and dont buy anything. :grin:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Gunshow report

Post by AJMD429 »

... Must say something about age and experience when you do a gunshow with $1,000 in your pocket and dont buy anything...

Or if you own your own business. We get end-of-month leftovers and separately pay quarterly taxes. My line of work isn’t as skewed a farmers, who may receive all their revenue in a couple months then nothing all year, but I remember a ‘paycheck’ (pre-tax, end of month leftover) one May that was $29,000, put in the bank one Saturday morning on my way to a gunshow; I didn’t have the cash on me but I had the account debit card. Some NICE guns at that show, but I spent under a hundred bucks cash I already had on me on some knicknack or other, cuz January through March I was in the negative (...and the guvment still makes you pay a quarterly based on ‘imputed income’ or some hallucination of theirs... :roll: ), and I think March through April I barely got positive. But you’re right; most of my friends would blow that wad of cash before Monday rolled around...if not at a gun show, the auto dealership....! :shock:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sounds like a nice gun show, other than some high prices.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Last Monday I stopped at Scheel's near Frisco, TX. Actually in The Colony, TX. They had a good amount of Small Rifle Magnum CCI and Small Rifle Benchrest CCI primers. Limit of 3 boxes of each per person. I got 3 boxes each. 5.99 for the Magnum and 6.99 for the Benchrest per box. They had a few bags of brass in 3 or 4 calibers. The shelves with shotgun shells were full of 12 and 28 gauge. I had never seen so many boxes of 28 gauge at one time. Prices were reasonable. Some things are filtering back.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I was at the same Scheels that Piller speaks of today. They had some various rifle and handgun ammo, but the thing that caught my eye was the pile of Remington UMC 10mm ammo and win white box 7.62 NATO ammo. I guess nobody wanted it.
They still had 10-15 trays of Winchester Small Rifle primers at $6.99 each, limit 3.

Their gun inventory looked full to me, most anything you wanted could be found, or at least something similar.

I also stopped at the nearby Cabela’s and Academy. Cabela’s was a disappointment. Nothing much but they had a bunch of CCI 40 S&W ammo.

The Academy also has very little in general but had a pile of .223 and 5.56 ammo at reasonable prices.

In general though from what I’m seeing I think things are coming back, it’s just a slow process.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Was in a local Scheels the other day, they had a boat load of Fiochi .357 Mag target loads (50 rd boxes) for $ 34.99/box.
Walked on past. Haven't seen any primers for some time.