u2oob question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

u2oob question

Post by Grizz »

am i the only one who cant view utub videos without agreeing to their invasive and intrusive "NO PRIVACY FOR YOU" policy?

im holding out in case there is a hack that will let me in while still being disagreeable . . .
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: u2oob question

Post by Griff »

I think that since Youtubers get income from their subscribers and the number of views, they want to make sure a u-tuber ain't stacking the deck... so to speak. See OldWin's tag line... :P :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

INTERESTING. this is a new thing. yesterday there was no barrier to viewing videos, today there is. IDK. but not surprised.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Never had any issues here. I use it often when I'm doing something new on cars or guns, and need a tutorial to teach me what I need to know before the project. A great resource, even if I'm not happy with the ownership.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

This is odd I just tried with my personal laptop at work and did not get a log in prompt. Just a you aren't signed in notification. I was able to view the start of a video. I stopped because I had already seen it.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Alan Wood wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:33 pm This is odd I just tried with my personal laptop at work and did not get a log in prompt. Just a you aren't signed in notification. I was able to view the start of a video. I stopped because I had already seen it.
thanks Alan. I don't have a login account at youtube, and don't really want one, and don't care for them selling me to advertisers. that's slavery, right?

just tried a video i had bookmarked and it ran ok. hope i got a screenshot of the earlier wall thingy...
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

You're welcome Grizz. I don't want to login to youtube either but they do have useful videos for now.