Politics: The End of America

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
YellowHorse
Levergunner

Politics: The End of America

Post by YellowHorse »

It is NOT a conspiracy therory......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0LvtQAQ ... re=related
"The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!"

~Thomas Jefferson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Politics: The End of America

Post by Blaine »

We ain't gone yet......... I predict the best days of America still lay before us, and I mean good times with conservative values......the tides are changing. Much of the civilized world sees the facists and muzzys for what they are and intend to do........let's not screw up this election and write in a conservative that will split the vote away from someone who can, or should be able to, win this. One term with YoMama could set us back decades.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

BlaineG...you certainly have a more optomistic outlook than i.

if hillary and obama are the best the dems can put forth as presidential candidates...there is problem...

mccain may not be the answer, but i don't think the country will go down as fast as it will if obama is elected.
Last edited by donw on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

donw wrote:...mccain may not be the answer, but i don't think the country will go down as fast as it will if obama is elected.
Bring it on.

'If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.' - Thomas Paine

I'm tired of the slow frog boil.

Hey Naomi - where is "disarm the public" in your 10 steps? Ooops.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

I am a firm believer in America.

Maybe the next twenty years with a Dem POTUS and Congress is what this country needs to snap out of it. They keep
giving gifts to lowlifes for votes, they will run out of things to give away sooner or later and the REAL Americans who
make all the money will have none left to give up. Things will change real quick.

In other countries you can starve people into submission. Americans get ANGRY when they are hungry.

Let them eat cake......
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

BlaineG wrote:........let's not screw up this election and write in a conservative that will split the vote away from someone who can, or should be able to, win this. One term with YoMama could set us back decades.

I'm horrified at the number of people in the shooting community who claim that they will still be writing in Ron Paul. He has NO chance. If you really love America, you HAVE to get behind McCain.

Two of our country's worst enemies have now aligned themselves. It looks like we're gonna have to fight against Obama and Hillary if we want to maintain the last vestiges of personal freedom in this country! Obama wasn't even born in this country, or to American citizens! We're definitely being screwed by our own government by the powers that be allowing him to get this far.

I'm afraid we have too many people that would vote for Hillary or Obama, simply for the novelty of having a woman or a minority as president.

What we need is a TRUE minority for president-a real live patriot. While I don't agree with everything McCain says, I think a lot of what he intends to do that seems distasteful is simply having to "pay the piper" for what our broken government has done. When your house is hip deep in pelosi, you simply have to do the distasteful work of shoveling it out before you can reap the rewards.

I believe McCain might be the best choice we've had in a long time.

If you disagree with me, please tell me why, so we can discuss it, even if it's through PM's. I'd like to know what older, wiser heads are thinking.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This country adapts like no other.....And insists on the best for it'self.......We now have a full power, full size GMC that gets over 22mpg......Yeah, we'll be back :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I thought one had to be a born citizen to run for the top office in this country ?????
..........................MUTT :?:
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Mutt, you're right.

Right after Schwarzenegger got elected some were saying he should be President, and were trying to get the Constitution changed for this.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

obama's mother is an american citizen...and yes, the constitution DOES say a president must be a "natural born citizen".

as Pogo once said: "i have met the enemy and it are us." :cry:
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
PaulB
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaulB »

No one in government pays much attention to the Constitution any more.

America is going the way of all empires. It has been going downhill (in fits and starts) since Lincoln was elected. We are about to find out how an economy works without a dollar that's worth a darn. It will get interesting.

The Republic is dead folks, get over it.

I wouldn't vote for McCain even if I were a conservative (which I ain't - conservatives love government far too much for my taste). I agree with this sentiment:
Voting is not going to help us out of our fix, gentlemen. Too bad; I prefer simple easy solutions as much as the next guy. I'll probably stay home on election day. "Don't vote; it only encourages them."
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Travis Morgan wrote:
BlaineG wrote:........let's not screw up this election and write in a conservative that will split the vote away from someone who can, or should be able to, win this. One term with YoMama could set us back decades.

I'm horrified at the number of people in the shooting community who claim that they will still be writing in Ron Paul. He has NO chance. If you really love America, you HAVE to get behind McCain.

Two of our country's worst enemies have now aligned themselves. It looks like we're gonna have to fight against Obama and Hillary if we want to maintain the last vestiges of personal freedom in this country! Obama wasn't even born in this country, or to American citizens! We're definitely being screwed by our own government by the powers that be allowing him to get this far.

I'm afraid we have too many people that would vote for Hillary or Obama, simply for the novelty of having a woman or a minority as president.

What we need is a TRUE minority for president-a real live patriot. While I don't agree with everything McCain says, I think a lot of what he intends to do that seems distasteful is simply having to "pay the piper" for what our broken government has done. When your house is hip deep in ****, you simply have to do the distasteful work of shoveling it out before you can reap the rewards.

I believe McCain might be the best choice we've had in a long time.

If you disagree with me, please tell me why, so we can discuss it, even if it's through PM's. I'd like to know what older, wiser heads are thinking.
I'm not picking a fight, just offering my take on it.

I was horrifed to find (when I came into the levergun community) the number of folks that didn't (and still don't) back Ron Paul.

I mistakenly thought Ron's voting record was enough evidence warranting support. The main reasons typically given for not supporting Dr. Paul were/are: He can't win and he's "soft on terror". The "he can't win" argument is in my mind a loyalist attitude, the "soft on terror" argument is in my mind ignorance, willful or otherwise. U.S. history is available, world history is available, and U.S. policies are there for all to learn and understand.

How bout I vote for Chuck Baldwin? Or since he "has NO chance" does that make me not a lover of America? How 'bout the founding fathers? A loyalist might have said they had no chance.

Give me Liberty or give me death, dramatic, or is it? When I started researching Dr.Paul I didn't start out with a Liberty or Death attitude, and I've had my fair share of knee-jerk reactions all quickly dispelled by realizing our founding fathers situation and their relationship with the rest of the world, and, how it applies to me today. Working through all that, it does come down to Liberty or ?

I've learned more in the past year from fellow Paultriots and the "hard core" Constitutional Patriots here, than I ever learned in school or from the mainstream media. Dr.Paul and others tell me bad news, ALL the bad news, one can't ask for a better "friend" than a friend who tells 'em the ugly truth.
I can easily imagine the founding fathers saying this! I'm on board as well!

I've always voted for the party that "had a chance", now that I'm not going to do that anymore, I'll have to ease my conscience by getting involved http://www.campaignforliberty.com/ and keep sharing what I've learned, in my own bumbling way.

Be wary, but: Don't fear democrats, don't fear "terror", don't fear close examination of your partys candidate. The founding fathers concern was CLEAR: DO fear a government you can't control easily. This affects you more than any other "fears" combined!

You are a gun owner, there's still hope for you! :wink:

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

Wait. Wait, isn't Naomi Wolfe the chick that was Al Gore's fashion advisor when he ran for the Presidency in 2000?

Now she's an authority on facshists, dictators and Republicans? Which appear to be interchangable in her tiny mind. She just recently studied the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, so she could write a book that simplifies those long and difficult to understand documents so the little people can realize that they are in mortal danger from George W Bush.

I couldn't listen to the whole drivel of liberal fears and sociailist nightmares, but I would guess that if her happy azz was standing in the shadow of the World Trade Center South Tower on Sept 11, 2001 when people started to jump out of the windows, she might have a different opinion from the person that watched it on TV and NOT RECENTLY enough.

What is it with liberals that Bush is the Boogieman. Why can't they even consider that the US has a well defined enemy in the world that wants us DEAD. Bush has, against incredibly difficult opposition within his own country as well as much of the rest of the world, managed to keep us safe since 9/11/2001. That is his job. He knows it and has done a terrific job.

I want to see Obama explain to Al Qaida and the Jihadis of all stripes that we just need to talk about it and work for change to settle their disputes.

Unfortunately I may get the chance. Now that is a nightmare I would rather avoid.
JP_TX
444 Marlin
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The only American thing that has happened in the U.S.A. since 9/11/01 happened yesterday when the Supreme Court said something that had the words "People" and "Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms" in the same statement.

:x
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.