As we celebrate lets reserve a moment for those who made it possible

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

As we celebrate lets reserve a moment for those who made it possible

Post by wm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... ith-blood/

I high light this battle because I had an Uncle who fought with Patton's 3rd Army who lost his best friends 75 years ago today. My father volunteered to fly 75 years ago today on what was considered a dangerous, low level, bad weather mission with high probability of a bad out come even though he was now assigned a ground job because all the other radio men were married, most with kids and he was single.

But we should also remember the lads at Trenton all the way to our boys & girls at Kandahar.

Never take their sacrifice for granted.

Wm
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: As we celebrate lets reserve a moment for those who made it possible

Post by jeepnik »

My father was there. He never talked about it. After Malmady they quit taking SS prisoners, and in many cases any prisoners unless intelligence requested a "live" one. After Buchenwald they quit entirely.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

jeepnik wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:43 pm My father was there. He never talked about it. After Malmady they quit taking SS prisoners, and in many cases any prisoners unless intelligence requested a "live" one. After Buchenwald they quit entirely.
My Uncle Mel didn't remember exactly when they got word of the massacre at Malmady, but he said the same thing, no quarter for the SS. Mel said were ever the SS retreated they found civilians executed. Mel libereated some camps …… he carried photos in his wallet until the day he died. He said he never looked at them but they were to remind him why it was worth it.

Wm
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Lest we Forget. 🇺🇸🇬🇧
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My Uncle Homer Paul Casady was Mechanized Infantry in Patton's Second Armored Division. He was awarded a Silver Star for taking out a German Tank single handedly. He and a Major were in a jeep out on a scouting mission. They came over a hill and at the bottom was a Tiger tank aiming at them. His reactions had been sharpened by fighting from North Africa all the way to December of 1945. He threw the Major out of the jeep, reached behind the seat and grabbed the slings of a bazooka and a Thompson. He jumped just as the tank fired. He hit the ground and got up and ran to where he had a side shot at the tank. He took a knee and fired, putting a hole in the tank. He then ran up and stuck the barrel of the Thompson in the hole and emptied a 20 round magazine into the interior of the tank. He reloaded, got up on top of the tank, opened the hatch and stuck the barrel of the Thompson in and prepared to shoot. When he realized what the inside looked like, he got sick. To have seen fighting for about 4 years, that sight had to have been gruesome indeed to cause nausea. He told me and my brothers about getting sick after my Grandmother had got out his medals and the citation telling about why he was awarded the Silver Star. To hear him tell that, and that was the only time he ever talked to us about the fighting, sure took the glamor off of war. He had a bunch of other stories, but not about the fighting. For a big strong farm kid from No Man's Land, or The Cimarron Strip, he sure gave a lot to help save the World. He was born in 1913, and was in his late 20s when he went to war. He had nightmares for years according to family members. He was very proud of giving his points to the married men so that they could rotate home alive. He was awarded the Bronze Star with V device enough times that it had a silver oak leaf cluster on it. I remember seeing that and his Purple Heart with 3 bronze oak leaf clusters. He was in a lot of places where even ducking just was not enough. A lot of men were there, too. Whether they did as much, more, or less than he did is not something I can answer, nor do I have any right to try to say. I am glad we had men who were willing to step up and protect the world.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:17 pm...I am glad we had men who were willing to step up and protect the world....
Most of them were just boys.... :|

They became men though, some only as they died.

I know deep down we have boys/men like that even today in our schools, but the libtards keep trying to turn as many into SnowFlakes as they can....

We need to counter that culture of self-absorbed idiocy, every day, as part of our 'never forgetting'.....take a city kid hunting, as a start.

Guns are just a small part of what makes a boy become a man; part of the growth in understanding of the world as a larger place with more importance, and one's role in that world to keep the peace among nations and religions whenever possible, keep things safe for those who are not strong, and create and enjoy beauty in all things possible. Hunting embodies that, as we learn our role and our power; opposable thumbs and abstract thought mean we can kill pretty much anything at will through technology, and yet we are humbled when we see the game stilled by our bullet, and the beauty not only around us, but of the animal's body and design (not unlike our own) as we disassemble it en route to the dinner table.

It is difficult to become a hunter without becoming a man. We need more MEN in the would - not just 'biologic males' or even 'cis-gendered-males' - just real men, who know and embody their role as husbands, fathers, neighbors, providers, and protectors.

There is a parallel path for girls becoming women, and the only thing more awesome than a real man, who can blow up an enemy tank but also nurture an injured child, fix the roof, but also do the dishes if he knows his wife is tired, is the equivalent woman, who can not only nurture a child, but create one, yet can be as tough as nails when need be.

As we celebrate Christmas and gather around family, keep up the process of helping boys become men, and girls become women. Especially the ones who are stuck in academia, which surely delays maturity...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "