life of race guns with short stroke kits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

life of race guns with short stroke kits

Post by mickbr »

probably more of a cowboy action question, but I see them working their short stroked 1873 real fast. I understand its not a great idea to run full house loads through a gun so worked, for example not using factory 357 in them. I was also wondering if these mddifications decrease the life of the action in any way apart from that.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: life of race guns with short stroke kits

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Your competitive shooter who use 'race guns' usually have several. A match gun and a back up. Sometimes a 3rd practice gun. It is not uncommon to have links bend, rockers break or other usage related problems. I shoot a factory uberti 66 and a marlin 94 that I changed the springs in, added a happy trigger and 1 piece firing pin. I have yet to have a break down with either in shooting them over 40,000 rounds each.