OT - White Buffalo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

OT - White Buffalo

Post by Iron_Marshal »

Getting ready to watch the Charles Bronson movie "White Buffalo." Has anyone seen the Native American legend of the White Buffalo? Just interested.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

It is said when the white buffalo is born, an era of peace and harmony will envelope the world.
For historical sake, a white buffalo was born a few years ago on a farm catering to buffalo, the owner has gone to great pains to protect the fellow.
The prophecy has sadly failed to produce the predidted results.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

That is what I had read as well. Just interested..
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

A white buffalo was born in Kentucky near here several years ago. The wife, kids and I went to see it soon after it was born. The buffalo farm had Indian ceremonies, etc. to welcome the little guy.

I was far more impressed with the dominat male that was beeing fed. We could get within a few feet of him, outside the fence. They sure are big up close.
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

I have to go down to Missoula, Mt soon. On the way down I will stop by where they have a white bison under glass that had been born on the National Bison Range here.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Maybe it will just take a while for the little guy to mature. One can always hope!

I hate to admit it, but I am not obsessed with peace. I am when it is combined with freedom, but I am not willing to trade the latter to achieve the former. History has taught us that this never works out!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I hate to admit it, but I am not obsessed with peace. I am when it is combined with freedom, but I am not willing to trade the latter to achieve the former. History has taught us that this never works out!
I know what you mean. The New Testament often reffered to peace as "rest". If we take that approach, then the oppisite would be "work". Too many people think that doing nothing will accomplish peace :roll: . Me thinks not.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

One has been living in Jamestown, North Dakota since 1996.

http://www.buffalomuseum.com/whitecloud.htm

http://www.buffalomuseum.com/whitecloudcalf.htm

There are countless stories about the White Buffalo and almost every tribe has their own version of the legend. In Lakota legend, the return of The White Buffalo heralds the beginning of a time of peace, the return of the buffalo and "The People" to the land. I particularly enjoy the version as told in Black Elk Speaks.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.