Patting myself on the back.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Patting myself on the back.

Post by WCF3030 »

It has been 5 months to the day since I set about a "better" life style.
Since that time I have lost nearly 50lbs and 8 inches from my waist.
Mostly do to building lean muscle and not much cardio, although I'm starting to ride my "worked over" mountain bike.

Less then 2 months ago 3-4 push-ups at a time was max, now its 3 sets of 35 deep push-up. I use my 45lb dumb bells for curls that I do the push-up off of which give 3 more inches of depth.

I've shaved 6 minutes off my 1 mile time.
All this has led to a much sharper mind and less anxiety, which have produced better grades. Despite some difficult classes, such as DC circuitry and Microsoft certification including the new Vista class.

As for the family I can get my 7 year-old to hit the wheel barrow at 25yds with the BB gun on a regular bases. Its good fun I'll open up the backdoor call her over, hand her the bb gun, she takes a shot, hits the the side hands me back the rifle and continues to play with her dolls.
My 11 year-old daughter is shooting 1in groups with her 22 from the bench and 3in groups from the cross legged sitting position at 25 yards with open sights.

My 4 year old son Michael can haul 1/3 of his weight in his backpack up and down hills for a good 1 1/2 hours and still keep a smile on his face. You just have to feed him a lot. Plus identify deer, coon, turkey, canine, feline, rabbit and squirrel tracks on sight.

I also shot a Sub 10in 12 shot group yesterday from the cross legged sitting position at 272 paces 20mph wind gust with my peep sighted H&R 30-30 with cast WW. I've been shooting 3 times a week for 6 weeks at 25-50 yards and decided to see if it has paid off at distance. It had.

Just thought I'd pat myself on the back this morning. 8)
Last edited by WCF3030 on Thu May 08, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

congrats - it sounds like you have alot to be proud of - keep up the work - it is paying off...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good for you, Friend..........I can't seem to stick to a diet worth a hoot....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

At least you can reach around to give yourself the pat. :wink: That's great news. I've dropped 5 lbs this past week. Wife is sooooooooo mad at me.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Wife is sooooooooo mad at me.
I hear ya Hobie.
A few weeks ago I had shaved off my beard that I had wore for 11 years. That more then anything had showed my weight loss.
I surprised my wife when she came home that night. It floored her, until family and friends began to comment how I looked almost the same as I did 15 years ago when we were married.
That part did not go over well. :)

As for patting myself on my back I could not of done that or the field shooting positions that I have been contorting myself into when I had started this.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations! I'm still on my way to becoming a thinner me. I weighed in at Weight Watchers last night. Since Jan. 30th I've lost 47 pounds.

If anyone would like some help, one thing that I've found is a website at www.DWLZ.com they list the weight watchers points for all kinds of restaurants that are nationally known. It's really shocking to see how many points a lot of those foods really have.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Rusty wrote:Congratulations! I'm still on my way to becoming a thinner me. I weighed in at Weight Watchers last night. Since Jan. 30th I've lost 47 pounds.

If anyone would like some help, one thing that I've found is a website at www.DWLZ.com they list the weight watchers points for all kinds of restaurants that are nationally known. It's really shocking to see how many points a lot of those foods really have.
Way to go Rusty!!!
My BIL entered into a weight loss challenge with other members of the local police department and lost 120lbs through Weight Watchers.
He now competes in marathon's.

WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

BlaineG wrote:Good for you, Friend..........I can't seem to stick to a diet worth a hoot....
Hang in there Blaine, I only failed at this about 20 times before it took.

Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

WCF3030:

Good on ya! Congratulations and well done!

Myself, I'm down 5" of waistline, 23 lbs, and two trouser sizes since September 2007, just through cutting back on the volume and type of food intake, cutting out sodas nearly completely, and walking more. Unless there's a downpour, I park a good ways away from my destinations, I love the taste of regular Coca-Cola and "treat" myself to a 12-oz can only once per week; since cutting way back on it I find I don't finish the entire can anyway. My wife and I and our dog hit the blacktop nearly every night. Evening snack is a sectioned Gala apple, skin and all. I cannot remember the last time I ate any doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, or ice cream. They don't exist anymore for me.

I have about another 15-20 lbs to go to be where I want to be.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

congrats to you all. well done on achieving the goals, or nearing the achieval of them. You should be justly proud. :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good work and congrats! That is awesome and inspiring.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Cherokee
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Cherokee »

Great progress. We would not know if you did not tell us so thanks - Way to go man, and an inspiration to others.
God Bless America
NRA Endowment
TSRA Life
SASS
USAR
Ruger & Marlin Accumulator
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I've shaved 6 minutes off my 1 mile time.]

Nice work !

The only way I can do that would be to take the truck. :wink:
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Pete44ru wrote:[I've shaved 6 minutes off my 1 mile time.]

Nice work !

The only way I can do that would be to take the truck. :wink:
8) 8) 8)

Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Comal Forge »

Congrats to you! Keep up the good work!

Up until I was about 35, I was running 10 miles a week and benching about 280 - I weighed 190 at the time. We moved to the country about that time and there was no place to run without driving to a track or neighborhood. Now, 15 years later, I weigh 220 lbs, am sadly out of shape and my pathetic attempts at exercise are not really paying off. At any rate, I can guarantee to anyone who cares to ask, that it's a heck of a lot easier to stay fit than to get back into shape.
allen1980

Post by allen1980 »

great job!i once weighed 270 lbs and was in terrible shape i could hardly run 3 blocks.i then took an intrest in boxing and now i fight at 160lbs.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

WCF3030,

Congratulations! :D

I know what a struggle it is. I am trying to improve the forecast for my future, right now. I do not know if I have lost any significant weight, but I am feeling a little better, and I am thinking more clearly & accomplishing my tasks a little easier.

Keep up the good work.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Good on you. Keep it up.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Sure sounds to me, like a WELL DESERVED pat as well.

Congrats on the results from all the hard work.

Sounds like the kids are enjoying it too.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

It took two years to lose 150 pounds. I've kept it off two years after that. Though it's still takes work every day, it's work worth doing.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

This coming June 18, I have not drank a drop of booze of any kind, in 15 years. Wasn't a falling down drunk at all, or one who woke up in a pile of puke---did not drink that way. But I packed it down. Hasn't always been easy to hang in there, but I sure wish I could get the desire and energy going to lose some weight and exercise like some of you talk about here. I know I could do it, just need to start. Congrats to all who are so successful.
Last edited by brucew44guns on Sat May 10, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Congrats due of course.

I feel so heavy I'm going to the freezer to get something to cool myself off...
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

allen1980 wrote:great job!i once weighed 270 lbs and was in terrible shape i could hardly run 3 blocks.i then took an intrest in boxing and now i fight at 160lbs.
That is awesome! Congratulations!

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Great job WCF3030! Congratulations to you for such a wonderful accomplishment!!! Your kids will be thanking you for years to come, as such hard work is bound to result in a longer, healthier life. Way to go!!! :D :D :D