Winchester plain Jane 1873 SRC

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Winchester plain Jane 1873 SRC

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Ok I’ve got a 3rd variation Winchester plain Jane 1873 SRC. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I’m thinking it might fun to letter it to find out where its journey started. I’ve sniffed around the Cody sight and discovered its s/n range qualifies it for the Regular Factory Letter & SNA Letter but haven’t found the pricing for this service. How much will it cost to scratch this itch? This would be a one time deal as I don’t collect Winchesters & therefore don’t need to become a Cody member.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Winchester plain Jane 1873 SRC

Post by Sixgun »

They used to cost $40 if only doing one gun but that was some years back. A quick call can tell you what you need to spend.

Don't be all excited by the info you get. The letter will only tell you when it was shipped from the warehouse and the configuration it was as to barrel length, caliber, etc. Sometimes there are special notations such as a return to the factory but in quite a few letters I have never seen anything other than date and configuration.------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Thanks! 6
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The last I heard, a Cody Letter costs a C-note, but very recently I've also heard that they've reduced the info supplied.

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

All the information, including order form and pricing, is on the web site. :wink:

https://centerofthewest.org/explore/fir ... rder-form/

The letter is $70 and if you only want the SNA info it's $40.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I lettered my 1881 Marlin last year and it was $70.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.