Farewell to Heroes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Farewell to Heroes

Post by jkbrea »

California L.E. has been hit especially hard this week. A Sgt. with LASO executed in Lancaster, two officers gunned down for no reason in Palm Springs and another injured in the same incident. Another officer in that area was run down on his motorcycle by an impaired driver yesterday and is in critical condition.

Palm Springs Officer Vega was set to retire in 2 months after 35 years of service. I knew him well. He worked with my brother and I ran into him often working that area and various functions. He was going to retire last year with my brother but said he wanted to do 35 years. He was a very hard working man. He left behind 8 children.

Off. Lesley Zerebny was only 27. When I bought my first home, it was across the street from her parents. Her father was a Highway Patrol officer and good friend. I'd see him often and he backed me on more than one occasion. Lesley was just a baby then. I remember always seeing her in frilly dresses. Now she leave behind a 4 mo old daughter. She went to school with one of my children. I can't imagine the grief her parents are suffering. Her husband is also a deputy now left to raise his daughter without her mother. And for what?

The thing that shot them......a gang member with prior conviction for attempted murder among other crimes. Now I'm sure the news will blame the rifle and not the scum using it. There are still many unanswered question about what exactly occurred but he was intent on killing police officers and stated so. No law will prevent a criminal from getting a firearm if he wants it. Keeping him in jail to serve his time would have. Gil and Lesley would be alive right now.

I fear it will get much worse before it gets better....I hope I'm wrong.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Farewell to Heroes

Post by Griff »

Prayers up for y'all.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I wish nothing but doom on punks, thugs, and murderers. :evil:
Prayers, and heartfelt thanks to all the LEOs.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Very sorry for such a great loss to the families and people these LEO's served. It is just heart breaking to think of the spouses and the children of these fine officers.
What is this world coming to. The shooters parents raised mad Men.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

samb wrote:Very sorry for such a great loss to the families and people these LEO's served. It is just heart breaking to think of the spouses and the children of these fine officers.
What is this world coming to. The shooters parents raised mad Men.
Probably Parent. Singular. Probably Mom.... :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

It's been a bad year for law enforcement all across the country. With one son already a LEO and his younger brother soon to follow I'm finding I tend to hold my breath every time the phone rings. When they were Marines and deployed I felt the same way but when they came home it eased up, not so these days.

I pray for the families of all those lost, I pray I will never know their loss.

I'm also angry. Angry that every time a cop defends his life or that of a civilian he will be tried in the court of public opinion and found guilty. It seems today that even when an office follows every rule, risks their own life and maybe hesitates a bit, the press and the public want to crucify them.

Okay, this probably isn't the place for a rant, but sometimes...
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I wish nothing but doom on punks, thugs, and murderers. :evil:
Prayers, and heartfelt thanks to all the LEOs.....

+1
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I'm sorry to hear about such losses and will keep the families in my prayers. Don't forget they blame the police for the violence against the police. Things are so backwards now it makes me sick. I'm with you guys, its going to get worse before it gets better.