Win 94 CBS Removal - ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Win 94 CBS Removal - ??

Post by Bruce Scott »

I need some clarication. Does it push out from right to left or from left to right? Looks like a difference of opinions here:

1: Cock the hammer back and push the safety to the left. You will see on the right side of the gun, inside the area pictured, little holes in the cross bolt . Line up the holes and push the paper clip in until you feel the retaining spring compress all the way. Now this will take a little wiggling, but just take your time. Push the cross bolt to the left side of the gun while holding the spring compressed in the hole. The bolt will eventually work past the pin, and slide completely out of the gun.
http://www.gunblast.com/LFCombs-Win94.htm

2: While holding the detent down a little, push the safety on through from the left side of the frame (from shooting position) and out the right side. Once the safety bar moves about an eighth of an inch, it may hit a machining mark and need a slightly more aggressive drifting out. Proceed carefully! Remove the spring and detent, and save them for installation at a later date.
http://www.time-slice.com/mohave.gamble ... ster94.htm
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Where is "The One Sticky" when you need it?!

It's been long enough since I've done it, I don't remember off the top of my head, but I do know this problem is solved by trial and error. You can't mess it up.

Like the shoe commercial says, "Just do it".
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Where is "The One Sticky" when you need it?!

Ain't that the truth! I've been pushing this way 'n that way to no avail but I'm also missing the vital tool - a paper clip.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Eureka! From LEFT to RIGHT. It just needed a slight tap to get it moving.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bruce -

You putting in the "salvo filler"?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Bruce -

Maybe that should be capitalized as "Salvo Filler"? :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Bruce -

Yes, it looks good too!