Good trade.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Good trade.

Post by Gobblerforge »

I traded my old 1998 E-250 work van that I was done with to a friend for a 1984 GOLDWING that he was done with. Winners across the board.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Good trade.

Post by Blaine »

Better keep that Goldwing, and The Harley separated...no telling of the drama, and violence that could fulminate....

That's a really nice scoot.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Those were the 1200s?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

That's a really good looking Goldwing. Smooth as glass and you can't wear them out!! You done good! :D
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

You done good!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

dang tough bikes. They only have two problems with them. One, the left fork comes from factory with two o rings as it has a tendency to blow them out them for some reason. The other is the left bank of the engine sometimes smokes on startup, that comes from oil sitting up against the valve seals when parked. other then that they run forever. Good trade!!!!!!!
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

BlaineG wrote:Better keep that Goldwing, and The Harley separated...no telling of the drama, and violence that could fulminate....

That's a really nice scoot.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Those were the 1200s?
I hear you. There'll be little dreams and hummers everywhere. Yep it's a 1200. Same weight and cubics as the Shovel but feels heavier due to higher center of mass. The hydraulic clutch is not working but when I fix that it will be ready to ride. It will be a good oppertunity for the wife to ride a bagger some to see if she prefers it. That might lead to a tourglide or something. We'll see.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Oh yeah, I like that trade. How many miles on it? I got offered a '97 1500 for $500 recently but it has 170K on it. Is that too many to be able to trust it? I'm really ignorant about the 1500s.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've owned my 1976 for over 30 years now. Mine is the 1000cc Goldwing Ltd. 1976 was the first year for the Ltd., and mine has 45,000 original miles. I should sell mine too, as I haven't ridden it in 3-4 years now. I took the trunk off years ago, as I didn't like the look, and never used it.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

M. M. Wright wrote:Oh yeah, I like that trade. How many miles on it? I got offered a '97 1500 for $500 recently but it has 170K on it. Is that too many to be able to trust it? I'm really ignorant about the 1500s.
My dad's 2001 1800 Gold Wing has over 300,000 miles on it now and still runs extremely well. Same engine design.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

M. M. Wright wrote:Oh yeah, I like that trade. How many miles on it? I got offered a '97 1500 for $500 recently but it has 170K on it. Is that too many to be able to trust it? I'm really ignorant about the 1500s.
It has 62,000.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I bought a basic 1982 Gold Wing (no fairing or bags and trunk) and put on a Windjammer Fairing and a set of surplus Honda Bags and trunk on it. The wife (Cindy) and I rode that for two years and traded it in on a 1984 Gold Wing Aspencade and rode that for three or four years before selling it. Here is a picture of the wife and I on the Aspencade.

They were great bikes. The first one had about 50,000 miles on it when we traded it and the second one had about 65000 miles on it when we sold it. Never had a lick of trouble from either one.
ED
Yer never too old
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Don't know much about motorcycles but it does look nice. One thing for sure, I bet the Honda spent a lot more time in the garage covered up than the Ford you got rid of.

And another thing........I bet either one don't get as many compliments as my giant fish hook does when the boys come down in the gun room.....Everyone loves it and I have to run these guys through a metal detector when they leave.....me paranoid of losing that hook. :D -------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Sixgun wrote:Don't know much about motorcycles but it does look nice. One thing for sure, I bet the Honda spent a lot more time in the garage covered up than the Ford you got rid of.

And another thing........I bet either one don't get as many compliments as my giant fish hook does when the boys come down in the gun room.....Everyone loves it and I have to run these guys through a metal detector when they leave.....me paranoid of losing that hook. :D -------6
That's nice. Thanks.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom