Redfield Sight for Win mod 88

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Redfield Sight for Win mod 88

Post by 308magtip »

While back I posted for help in finding a period correct Redfield aperture sight for my Win 88.Found one and it was as NIB as could be.Meaning never installed but showed many years of storage.I had my gunsmith install it as I have an aftermarket stock with oil and wax finish and did not want to damage stock.GS made a shim to keep it away from the stock and after bore sighting we needed a slightly front sight than the factory so it sports one from a Rem 700.At 25 yds I have it shoot to POA and cover 3 shots with a dime.At 50 groups open up the front sight covers a 6" round shoot and see bullseye but groups stay inside 3".Load is WW once fire cases,Speer Magtips or Win Silvertips,150grs,45 grs W748 and a CCI mag primer.Also had some new PPV brass but it made no difference,They are hard to seat primers in.Had to make very little sight adjustment both windage and elevation.Will post a pic as soon as I can..
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Redfield Sight for Win mod 88

Post by Pete44ru »

We're looking forward to the pics - but, what's the chambering ?

308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Redfield Sight for Win mod 88

Post by 308magtip »

It is in .308 Winchester.If I was 30 years younger I would get rebarrled for .358..but this way the wacked off orginal stock will be saved for my grandson.