Tornados in Mississippi

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Tornados in Mississippi

Post by JerryB »

I saw on the news that one hit Purvis with one person killed. I was wondering about Plowboy45, he lives in that area but they are sure to be without power for awhile.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: Tornados in Mississippi

Post by plowboy 45 »

Jerry, thanks for checking on us
My 2nd door neighbor was killed, Dale Purvis
Less than a half mile, it came straight down picked up his home, looked like it exploded the house scattering it for quarter mile and stacked it against the fence also took his car across the pasture landing it on the power line
He was dead by the time my first door neighbor got there
My wife and I went to my son's house bout hundred yards from our house, the wind did not even blow rain under the porch, I sat out there and watched and waited, no damage to anyone else here, on across the way it got a hay barn and the end of a chicken house
Sure his family could use a prayer or two

Thanks again for your concern

Dwayne
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Wife thanks you also
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Prayers up for your neighbors family.

Glad you are ok.

I hate tornados (& earthquakes); most other stuff you can prepare for, avoid, or endure.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent .
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Preyers up man. That's tragic.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayers up for those in Mississippi.

I have a friend that lives in Kansas. I tell him all the time that I love my hurricanes. At least they give us a week's warning when they're coming. Yesterday we had a tornado spotted 19 miles from our house. Several weeks ago a grandmother and grandfather were killed by one in that same area while acting as caregivers for their 3 grandchildren.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jackruff
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jackruff »

I'm about twenty miles south of Purvis in Poplarville. There were three tornadoes in our county, Pearl River, but, thankfully no one was killed. A little known fact is that there are more tornadoes per square mile in Mississippi than in just about any other state, except maybe Arkansas. They can be bad, too. A particularly bad one hit Purvis many years ago. The Purvis High School athletic teams are called the Tornadoes. Bad ones in Natchez and Tupelo, as well. Our prayers go out to the Purvis family. I personally know a first cousin of Mr. Purvis.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

plowboy 45 wrote:Jerry, thanks for checking on us
My 2nd door neighbor was killed, Dale Purvis
Less than a half mile, it came straight down picked up his home, looked like it exploded the house scattering it for quarter mile and stacked it against the fence also took his car across the pasture landing it on the power line
He was dead by the time my first door neighbor got there
My wife and I went to my son's house bout hundred yards from our house, the wind did not even blow rain under the porch, I sat out there and watched and waited, no damage to anyone else here, on across the way it got a hay barn and the end of a chicken house
Sure his family could use a prayer or two

Thanks again for your concern

Dwayne

Man, that is horrible. That same cell came right off of Lake Pontchartrain and went through Mandeville and then made its way to Lacombe, Slidell and was within a .25 mile of my house but thankfully, no damage either.

My father in law lives on Salem Road in Picayune and one road over it tore up a Pecan farm. He will be working over there helping to get the trees moved that blew down.
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

Thanks for all the concern fellers
By the way someone found his wife's diploma north of Hattiesburg and a check on up in Magee it carried stuff a long way

Thanks again
PLOWBOY
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

plowboy 45 wrote:Thanks for all the concern fellers
By the way someone found his wife's diploma north of Hattiesburg and a check on up in Magee it carried stuff a long way

Thanks again
PLOWBOY

Dern......I have always been intrigued by the distance that some things end up going.

I had a tornado come through where I was living a few years back and I lost a full size BBQ grill, a pump shed and a 10x10 chain link dog yard never to be seen again. Funny thing though.....there was a Styrofoam ice chest with about a half inch of water in it next to the BBQ grill that was still there but a 200 pound grill was gone.