More than a body can stand.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

More than a body can stand.

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Last night we held our annual gun club banquet at the fanciest golf club clubhouse for many miles around.
As the meeting was ending and the door prizes were being handed out, a can of Bear spray (a door prize) was accidentally released filling the entire room with a fog of fumes. It just kept on spraying untill it was empty.
Much coughing choking,sneezing ,confusion,911 calling,and one woman transported to emergency , she was released at 4:00 AM ( 0400 to you military types). She is OK and looking forward to next year. Never a dull moment!!!
Thats my story and I am sticking to it!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: More than a body can stand.

Post by jeepnik »

Hmm, was alcohol involved? :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

It was available but nobody seemed at all drunk. We are a pretty quiet bunch,for the most part. I don't drink so spotting a tipsy person is easy for me.

Why a can of spray was in the door prize box, I don't know. That wont happen again. I just hope we are not banned from renting that hall again. It is the nicest place we have ever held our annual meeting in yet.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good story! Stick to it!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A lot better than happened during a publicly-attended game dinner by/at a friend's gunclub (no, I didn't attend).

A shot rang out ! !.............

It turned out that a club member was at the barroom portion of the clubhouse, adjacent to the dining hall, and was "showing" his CCW .380 to someone else at sitting at the bar, when the gun discharged, sending the slug parallel to the bar, passing in front of the others also sitting at the bar, before exiting the building where it presumeably fell on the 200yd range on that side of the clubhouse.

The offender was summarily ejected (sans gun) from both the clubhouse, and from club membership (for life).

It was only by luck nobody took a bullet..............................

Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

That would sure give you something to talk about for a while!! :shock: Sometimes it just isn't our time to go.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pete44ru wrote:.

A lot better than happened during a publicly-attended game dinner by/at a friend's gunclub (no, I didn't attend).

A shot rang out ! !.............

It turned out that a club member was at the barroom portion of the clubhouse, adjacent to the dining hall, and was "showing" his CCW .380 to someone else at sitting at the bar, when the gun discharged, sending the slug parallel to the bar, passing in front of the others also sitting at the bar, before exiting the building where it presumeably fell on the 200yd range on that side of the clubhouse.

The offender was summarily ejected (sans gun) from both the clubhouse, and from club membership (for life).

It was only by luck nobody took a bullet..............................

Still, it would be wonderful if the inner-city Ghetto Rat gun, and violence stats were the same as the NRA, and Gun Club membership roles...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

A guy just can't pay for fun like that.

:wink: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

My guess is everyone at the bar sobered up real quick!

As per the OP, I had a couple punks attack a brother of mine with pepper spray and a collapsible baton in a movie theater hallway once. It was pretty rough. I cannot imagine bear spray.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

You have any Cops/Corrections types around?

We had to be able to function/fight/cuff/shoot immediately after taking a direct face-painting with a Riot Canister...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:You have any Cops/Corrections types around?

We had to be able to function/fight/cuff/shoot immediately after taking a direct face-painting with a Riot Canister...
We had NBC training every couple of years, and of course we all went to the gas chamber. The NBC NCO was usually a sadistic little AlphaHotel, and would juice it up pretty thick. Just a few seconds after the mask comes off, I really never saw anybody able to do squat except gag, and haul butt to the door. We quickly learned to take a real deep breath before demasking. That was some real miserable pelosi.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV