Mac computer question....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Mac computer question....

Post by AJMD429 »

(.....and it IS levergun-related, 'cuz that's where I keep all my cool levergun pictures 'n stuff...)

When I click on the little 'WiFi' logo on the top of the screen, it drops a little menu down that says I can turn off WiFi, set WiFi preferences, and so on, and the top line says "WiFi On" but every 5 seconds or so it says "looking for WiFi" for several seconds. Back and forth like that constantly. It sits within ten feet of the only WiFi in a quarter mile radius.

Is that normal...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Mac computer question....

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:(.....and it IS levergun-related, 'cuz that's where I keep all my cool levergun pictures 'n stuff...)

When I click on the little 'WiFi' logo on the top of the screen, it drops a little menu down that says I can turn off WiFi, set WiFi preferences, and so on, and the top line says "WiFi On" but every 5 seconds or so it says "looking for WiFi" for several seconds. Back and forth like that constantly. It sits within ten feet of the only WiFi in a quarter mile radius.

Is that normal...?
If it's working, don't worry about it. WiFi, and Bluetooth are controlled by Black Magic.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

Maybe this will help. I had similar issues where for no reason I could tell my computer would lose its wifi connection. I would cycle the router on and off, turn the computer on and off, and it would hook up fairly regular for awhile. I am not sure whether it was the router failing or the computer failing.

Unfortunately I will never know as my computer died shortly thereafter, and I lost all my data. So when I replaced the computer I got this white box like thing that does automatic backups of data and also serves as a router. I plugged it in to the modem. I haven't had the issue once since the computer and router were replaced.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

AJMD429 wrote:Is that normal
I believe so. My aging Air with Yosemite does this. I think that as long as the WiFi menu is pulled down, it assumes you want it to scan for any new device you might have just turned on.