Monte Walsh (2003)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Monte Walsh (2003)

Post by spaceman spiff »

Just watched it for the 1st time :D

pretty sure I gotta add it to the collection.

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Monte Walsh (2003)

Post by JohndeFresno »

Almost sacrilege admitting that you've waited this long to watch a Selleck Western...
but you are forgiven.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

JohndeFresno wrote:Almost sacrilege admitting that you've waited this long to watch a Selleck Western...
but you are forgiven.

it's bad, I know...... :oops:

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

One of my favorites and left me wanting an 86 src in 50-110 BADLY!
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

The original Monte Walsh from back in the 70's starred Lee Marvin & Jack Palance. It's available on Ebay and is certainly worth watching. Slightly different than the Selleck version and with a better bucking horse scene, but both versions are excellent and should be in the movie library of any western movie fan. I also bought the book, which tells the story of Monte Walsh from cradle to grave. All good stuff!

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Walker wrote:One of my favorites and left me wanting ...
To sit on the porch eating peaches & brandy... and finding a neighbor kid 25¢ to paint the other neighbor's door red!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Griff wrote:
Walker wrote:One of my favorites and left me wanting ...
To sit on the porch eating peaches & brandy... and finding a neighbor kid 25¢ to paint the other neighbor's door red!
That a good one :D
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I cant resist. Here is a private photo I have of Tom. The big guy on the left is his brother bob. They owned the building in Lancaster California all are in. At the time it was a Micheals Big and Tall store. The owner and his wife are also in the picture. Cut off of the picture (A later GF or wife of mine cut it off) was a GF of mine who managed the store. Strickly by a almost impossible coincidence her name was also Martine, the same name as Toms girlfriend in the movie. For a long time I had guessed he named the charactor in the movie Martine, after Martine but I later found that the name was also in the older movie. Martine died at home with me of cancer back in Christmas of 1998. She claimed to be a friend of the Sellicks. She also was a English war orphan who`s father was killed flying a spitfire and her mother killed by a bomb in the Battle of Brittian.

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My wife has grown to like him and many of the roles he plays... but... she used to say, "...if Tom Selleck ever grows up, he might be like Sam Elliot."
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I suppose the Sellick brothers might still own the building? They owned a lot of real estate in Antelope Valley back then. From what Martine told me, Tom`s brother Bob handled the real estate they owned. Tom`s Dad was there too and took the picture Martine said. I had seen him a time or two but never bothered him by introducing myself. Martine had some outfit he had given her. The brothers tried to hire her to manage a few propertys of theirs. She had talked up and rented another store in the mall for them. Mike had a chain of those stores in California. Have any of you seen the movie "Mask"? Sam Elliot played her boy friend in it. I also seen him in some earlier stuff and he was a lot different type. He got or invented his "personna" later and stuck with it.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

For me - my favorite western is Lonesome Dove......and tied for second are ; Monte Walsh , Open Range and Conagher.