-

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

-

Post by Mich Hunter »

-
Last edited by Mich Hunter on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Lusting over a new blade (Jim Behring Scagel)

Post by gamekeeper »

I've never seen his work but that natural canvas micarta looks useful …... 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Sorry , I am no help but they look good. :wink:
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Those are very nice. I've been drooling over Relentless Knives website recently. Many are 1/4 in thick, which appeals to my collection, not having anything like it. Maybe for Christmas if I continue to be good. :mrgreen:
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

I find myself going in the opposite direction this past lustrum or two. I prize my Randall 18, and have wanted a 14 for some time. I've got several Newt Livesays, and Charlie Porters. I've got Gerber's Bowies, Trail Masters, Ontario Hell's Belle's, and others on hand I've forgotten about. oh yeah - I've got a heaping dose of "pride of ownership" working on this angle.

But more and more I'm liking a good, old fashioned Ka-Bar (with "Kar-Bar" modifications) for general outdoor use. If you break it or lose it, it's an inconvenience, not a catastrophe. That 1095 straight carbon steel can really do some impressive things, it's just no longer the sexy steel of the month. - Brian
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Sir, I don't really know anything about knives, but after serving your country off and on for 16 years, I think you deserve to get anything your heart desires!! Go for it, and thank you!

Irv
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Some beautiful blades pictured on his web page.

I think I'd be shopping if I hadn't just spent a bunch on tomahawks for Christmas presents.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

$500 didn't look like it would get you much from his inventory. I have a good Western Knife that has done all of my skinning for the past 30 years, a gift from my dad while I was stationed in Egypt. But I will give you this, they are Purdy!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I admire, and have a few decent knives, but I'm not a collector or an expert on the different ones. Those certainly look like excellent choices.....

Like others, the one I take hunting is an Old Timer with a tacky green non-slip rubber handle, and a gut hook. It stays sharp for the whole deer, and is sturdy enough to split the pelvis, and holds up when you pound on it with a rock to split stuff. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Dang, those are some good-looking knives!!! 8)