What are shooter grade 94 AE's worth?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

What are shooter grade 94 AE's worth?

Post by Malamute »

I've had a desire to have a scoped 94 for some time. What are used, shooter grade Winchester 94 angle ejects going for? I dont care for the crossbolt safeties much, but the tang safety isnt a big issue to me, neither is the rebound hammer, as I have the parts to convert one to regular half cock.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What are shooter grade 94 AE's worth?

Post by Pete44ru »

Probably around $450-$500, w/o any serious issues like a cracked stock, rusted bore, or heavy bluing loss.

JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

The price has dropped from what it once was around my area. I see shooter grade guns sell for $250 to $350.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

$700 if you believe half the locals in my area -- $350-500 if you dont with occasional outliers, like a rust bucket for 200 bucks or a pristine gun with the walnut stock and checkering you dont mind paying a bit extra for .

I was a fan of the Ranger series and purchased a couple of those for $300 or so, but its been a few years --- i passed them on to family members but it gave me my 30/30 Winchester fix at a great price :)
----- Doug
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I'd likely change the stocks anyway, they wouldnt be an issue either way, and I wouldnt want to pay extra for something I'm likely to change, I have some nice wood and long wood forend I'd probably use. Some blue wear wouldnt bother me either. Heck, a barreled action would work.

Its all just speculation, but its been growing on me for a while. I may try to sell something and see if I can get it to happen.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

NO MORE than 350.00 unless you're in a hurry.
Try 300.00 for a decent, legitimate example and you'll most likely be taking it home.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

This might be a alternative way by using a regular 94 and putting a good scout scope on. danny
XS winchester scout scope rail
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I thought about using a forward mounted scope on an older 94, but I like a regular scope better, and have several.

firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Around here a decent Non-safety AE in 30-30 will bring $500, the pistol cartridges versions will bring more.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.