Answering the "Call to Arms"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Answering the "Call to Arms"

Post by earlmck »

So Streetstar had this fine idea we should do a little shootin' over the 4th and take some pictures to see if we could get a few more leverguns onto our "Leverguns" site. Your Truly and some grandkids headed out to the favorite gravel pit this morning and --- YIKES!! While my attention was diverted trying to recover from a couple of knee replacements this past 3 months my favorite gravel pit got posted "No Shooting, No Trespassing". Fortunately we have plenty of alternatives, but the old pit has given us many a fine shoot with almost 150 yards of unobstructed shooting.

Down the road another 5 miles we took advantage of a large old juniper tree for a bit of shade for the pickup and the table I use for a shooting bench. A box of tin cans, a couple 22's and a couple small levers and the kids seemed quite happy. Here's my contribution to the Arms Call -- some grandkids going through a modest bit of my ammunition.
Kacie20238.jpg
Wind-blown granddaughter with a side-lever 22
Dayten20232.jpg
This grandson is tough enough to wear pink -- as long as it is his beloved Cricket 22.
Kadyn20242.jpg
Browning 53 in 32-20. 117 grain Ranch Dog and 3 grains of Red Dot.
Dayten20239.jpg
An old model 92 in 25-20. 75 grain Lyman with 3 grains of Red Dot, loaded by the young fellow doing the shooting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: Answering the "Call to Arms"

Post by plowboy 45 »

Looks like y'all had a sure nuff good time
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Looks to me like you did real good answering the call.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Looks like a rollicking good time :) :)
----- Doug
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I forgot to mention the big downside to letting kids shoot the little levers: finding the empties afterwards amongst the weeds.

Itsy bitsy, tiny weeny, dimly yellow, hid in-betweeny.

Somehow we came up short only one each 25/20 and 32/20.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

earlmck wrote:I forgot to mention the big downside to letting kids shoot the little levers: finding the empties afterwards amongst the weeds.

We used to put down a large tarp (24' x 36' I think); that helped ALOT; plus kept us from getting chiggers as bad or muddy when it had been damp.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

AJMD429 wrote:
earlmck wrote:I forgot to mention the big downside to letting kids shoot the little levers: finding the empties afterwards amongst the weeds.

We used to put down a large tarp (24' x 36' I think); that helped ALOT; plus kept us from getting chiggers as bad or muddy when it had been damp.

chiggers........those little bastiges were all over Kansas when I was stationed there. Never seen one here in MI. :)

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like a lot of fun! I've always told my kids they exist simply to provide me with grandchild some day that I can spoil rotten. I just hope we can still shoot at that point in time. :shock:
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I have eight, three boys and five girls. If I had known how much fun grandkids were I would have had them first.
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Looks like a lot of fun! I've always told my kids they exist simply to provide me with grandchild some day that I can spoil rotten. I just hope we can still shoot at that point in time. :shock:
My Daughter is not cooperating on the Grandkid thing.....I'm going to need a healthy teenager to do stuff I don't want to do anymore.... :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

that looked like good fun...I too had a favorite gravel pit closed due to a couple of moron's dumping their trash in it... :(
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Larkbill wrote:I have eight, three boys and five girls. If I had known how much fun grandkids were I would have had them first.
Isn't that the truth! And since I now occupy this exalted position of gpa/ggpa I have explained to occasionally exasperated parents that "It is not my job to say 'no' to grandkids".

Oh yeah, here is my "tough enough for pink" fellow yesterday loading up our 25/20's that had been emptied Sunday.
Dayten3302.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry