A Fourth of July Food Experiment Worked

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

A Fourth of July Food Experiment Worked

Post by BrianSH »

Took a beef chuck shoulder roast and cut into 2" cubes. Fired up the turkey fryer with the frying pan lid upside down to do a nice crusty sear on the cubes. Then into the slow cooker with one 24oz bottle of Pace medium picante and one bottle of mild. On low for five hours. Turned out rather well. When I was thinking this through, it sounded too simple and easy to work out right, but it did.

On the Fourth I wanna eat; I don't wanna cook. So what did the rest of you guys do?
- Brian
harry
Senior Levergunner

Re: A Fourth of July Food Experiment Worked

Post by harry »

Nothing wrong with that, but I like to cook. Ribs and brisket in the smoker, brats on the grill and cold Blue Moon's
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Stood on top of a wildland fire truck for 3+ hours for a parade which ended in a (water)gunfight with/against the City FD (weilding 2-1/2" handlines and a ladder truck) and a couple of Rural "Injuns" running monitors (deck-gun water cannons). I may have only had 750gal and a 1-1/2" line, but at least I got to use more than a fog pattern...

In the middle of a crowd of a couple thousand Parade Partiers...

Everybody went home soaked. :mrgreen:

Then we refilled the trucks and I went home and bought a freshly BBQd rack of ribs from the deli down the street.

Too tired to cook.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hmmm. We did nothing so "patriotic". We walked to a restaurant and I had "Black and Blue Halibut" (fresh) with red potatoes and steamed veggies. Wifey Poo had fresh (local) salmon grilled with garlic butter, rice pilaf and mixed veggies. We then walked over to a gift shop, bought a 1/2 lb. of fudge, and walked to the hotel on the beach and watched fire works from out balcony 'till 11:00...

I like to think we were celebrating the freedom of our great country by having a nice quiet 4th...
Last edited by mikld on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

We had a backyard steak fry for our kids, grandkids, and us - complete with home-made potato salad & grilled corn-on-the-cob, with some grilled beer brats also.

I kept a large (new) garbage can filled with ice, beer & soda.

We all popped a few caps (blank ammo) in celebration, too.