article .... Winchester Lever-Actions Go To War

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

article .... Winchester Lever-Actions Go To War

Post by new pig hunter »

in the June 2015 issue of American Rifleman
http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... go-to-war/

Cheers,

Carl
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: article .... Winchester Lever-Actions Go To War

Post by gamekeeper »

Interesting article, I wish I could find some of those that were in British hands.
Just a few months ago I was able to repair a Winchester 03 that was used in the cockpit of a WW1 British Fighter Plane, wish I could have had more .22 Automatic rounds, it was fun to shoot.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Re: article .... Winchester Lever-Actions Go To War

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
Peruvian officers were also very happy to secure a Winchester repeater as their personal carry combat rifle. Most regular troops in South America were armed with the Remington Rolling Blocks of the various caliber .43 cartridges. But officers could procure their own weapons and did invest their personal safety on battlefields to the Winchester.
Winchester model 66's are still being found on desert battlefields dating to 1879-82. Winchester 73's are also randomly located with officer information attached. Winchester 92's in 44 WCF were popular with the horse officers.
I personally would not be surprised to learn this Winchester usage was not the same through out many South American military units.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.