The Elusive Colt SAA Cylinder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

The Elusive Colt SAA Cylinder

Post by jkbrea »

I tried for a while to find a .45 ACP cylinder for my Colt 3rd gen .45. For some reason Colt won't sell them to private parties. Midway had them advertised for a decent price but backordered. I ordered one in January of this year and was told it would be late February before they would get them in. Since then, they extended that date a couple time and now I was informed by Midway my order was cancelled. I contacted them and was told that Colt wouldn't be sending any to them until at least Feb 2016 so they cancelled all orders.
Are they really that in demand? I just wanted one. :? Oh well...back to the search. If anyone knows of one or has one they want to part with...hit me up. :)
SargeMarlin
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The Elusive Colt SAA Cylinder

Post by SargeMarlin »

I had an extra 45 ACP cylinder set up for my 45LC 4.75" a few years back, but only because the nickel flaked on the front of the LC cylinder on rounds 19 or 20. When I sent it back, I had to call to confirm that they had received it, and while talking to the Colt rep I was browsing the website and asked how much it would cost. He quoted the price on the site, and then said that they would fit it and nickel it at the same time as the LC, so it turned out good. It did take about 3 months to get it out there and the work done, but worth the trouble. Regrettably (yet not) I gave the gun to my dad shortly after I got it back just because I thought he should have it, so I cannot tell you how it performs since its return.

The trip to Colt will cost you $60-ish and the cylinder was $286. May be worth the loss of headache, though the chase is always good too. Best of luck.

SM
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

My Colt 3rd gen guns have 2nd gen cylinders in them... the separate pin bushing is nice. Both of mine were .357 cylinders that were then rebored to .45Colt. Can't see why the same couldn't be chambered in 45ACP.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

I recently got one from peacemaker specialties...cost 325$

hard item to find.
cable