Chris Kyle's wife hunting pronghorn in Wyoming

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Chris Kyle's wife hunting pronghorn in Wyoming

Post by jnyork »

Saw this on another board, thought you might like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9JgGSt4to
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chris Kyle's wife hunting pronghorn in Wyoming

Post by Rusty »

Thanks for posting
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for posting real interesting.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That was nice, very nice.......is what burns me up is the idiot who shot Chris......people like that just need to taken out back and shot. It would help with the pain for all of those involved.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pretty cool.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Even when I saw the photos in his book (I was reading it at the time he was killed), it looked like his wife had that spark of energy you see in her hunting videos. Nice to see.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sixgun wrote:That was nice, very nice.......is what burns me up is the idiot who shot Chris......people like that just need to taken out back and shot. It would help with the pain for all of those involved.---6
Not sure that I can get on board with a "Let's kill all the troubled veterans" program.

But I'm sure that someone in the current administration would be more than glad to help you out.

:(
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Mrs Fordwannabe and I are going to see the film tomorrow. I told her already when this big ol boy starts crying LEAVE ME BE. My buddy is a disabled Vet, he saw it Friday and said it was the only time he has ever left a theater where nobody made a sound on the way out. He said the people he was with, were silent cause the men couldn't talk without crying and the women were letting them have their moment.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

The video is cool in many ways. I have a high regard for that fine lady and when I saw the video, I even know where they hunted. It's right in my back yard. I know the guy that receives shipment of the Weatherby rifles when they come here. I don't think he even knew that Mrs Kyle was going to be here.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Nice
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

FWiedner wrote:
Sixgun wrote:That was nice, very nice.......is what burns me up is the idiot who shot Chris......people like that just need to taken out back and shot. It would help with the pain for all of those involved.---6

Geez SIx, take a chill pill.

Not sure that I can get on board with a "Let's kill all the troubled veterans" program.

But I'm sure that someone in the current administration would be more than glad to help you out.

+1
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Seems like a neat lady.......I hope someday she finds a nice fellah. He'll have some mighty big shoes to fill.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

wm wrote:Seems like a neat lady.......I hope someday she finds a nice fellah. He'll have some mighty big shoes to fill.
Hadn't thought of that. I hope so too, but who could follow Chris?!?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

rjohns94 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

+1
I really don't think Chris would be on board with shooting that fella. I would bet that he would want him helped so that he would be able to return to civilian life and be a productive citizen. Chris just came across that way to me when I saw him in any video or TV interview. Yes, I am mad at the fella who killed him, but I respect what Chris was trying to do and would not go against it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

The man killed 2 people in cold blood, unprovoked. He needs to stand trial and take whatever punishment the jury deals out. Period!

I have sympathy for vets that come home from wars, it messes with their minds. I have no sympathy for someone that takes another life because of their selfish grief. He was being helped, and we all know how he showed his appreciation.

The video was outstanding, so was the movie. Thanks for posting.

Adam Weatherby, in line to be the next CEO, is a pastor at our church. He was full time, then last fall, left full time ministry to run the family company. The company could NOT be in better hands. He preached about 3 weeks ago, and showed slides of the mule deer his 12 yr old son took on a recent Texas Mule deer hunt.

I told him to tell his son congratulations when church was over.

Here's a link to the sermon. The deer pic is about 3 1/2 min in.

http://www.abcchurch.org/player/?1=122114
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Eddie Ray Routh will not be facing the death penalty in his trial for killing Chris Kyle next month. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/murd ... per-movie/ PTSD is a very real and, for some a debilitating disorder. No matter what the outcome is, "we've" still lost a modern day legend. I'm glad to see his widow embracing life.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for posting, glad she got the opportunity to step into Chris's world of relaxation and can see her world relaxed.
It is not the critic who counts
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Griff wrote:Eddie Ray Routh will not be facing the death penalty in his trial for killing Chris Kyle next month. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/murd ... per-movie/ PTSD is a very real and, for some a debilitating disorder. No matter what the outcome is, "we've" still lost a modern day legend. I'm glad to see his widow embracing life.
Never figured they'd get a conviction on first degree, would be near impossible, with his history if he WAS hospitalized. Yes PTSD is real, no question, but is also not an excuse to commit murder. A bar fight, punching someone out, those are understandable, but killing 2 men and stealing their truck? Leave's some doubt for me as to whether or not to chock it up to PTSD or "I want to make a name for myself", like the dude that shot John Lennon.

Will have to see what the jury does.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Yep saw the movie tonight...and I cried. Such a loss of one of the good guys. I heard a few popcorn bags rustle on the way out, and one lady started to say something and 150 or so people looked at her and she decided not to. Other than that silence. RESPECT.
I haven't gone back to see a movie a second time, in a long time but I will see this one again.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ravenman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ravenman »

Great Tribute to a real american hero - RIP :!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvSuAznnks
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

piller wrote:
rjohns94 wrote:
FWiedner wrote:

+1
I really don't think Chris would be on board with shooting that fella. I would bet that he would want him helped so that he would be able to return to civilian life and be a productive citizen. Chris just came across that way to me when I saw him in any video or TV interview. Yes, I am mad at the fella who killed him, but I respect what Chris was trying to do and would not go against it.
Agreed. He devoted his life after active duty, and after God and family, to continuing to serve his country and his fellow warriors by helping those wounded and with PTSD.

I saw an article yesterday that they are now worried about the ability to have a fair trial for Chris's muderer given the widespread popularity of the movie. No untainted jurors available!
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Might end up being like the Boston bomber. They've gone through almost 2,000 jurors trying to find 12 that are not convinced he is guilty.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Took my wife on a date last night. The movie was a sobering event.
America and all free loving men lost a good one.
I pray Chris Kyle's children and wife find comfort, as their loss is indescribably difficult to fathom.