Even Wyoming has its share of idiots.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Even Wyoming has its share of idiots.

Post by jnyork »

Article says this is an "accident shooting" but is really a negligent discharge caused by a large case of the stupid.

It's the ultimate dog-shoots-man story.

A Wyoming man was recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm after his loyal dog accidentally stepped on his gun and discharged it Monday. Johnson County Sheriff Steve Kozisek said Richard Fipps, 46, of Sheridan was working with two employees to move a vehicle and that Fipps was standing beside the truck when the mishap occurred.

Fipps told the dog, whose name and breed were not known, to get into the back seat of his truck. But when the pup obeyed, it accidentally stepped on Fipps' .300 Winchester Magnum, which was on the backseat, loaded and with the safety turned off. The round struck Fipps in the left arm, and he could end up losing the limb.

Kozisek said an examination of evidence and of witness statements support claims that the shooting was accidental.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Even Wyoming has its share of idiots.

Post by ollogger »

Heard that on the radio today, dang carless with a gun & extremely fortunate to be alive!!
that said I know a guy that has got himself twice????? (no not me)

ollogger
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I was about 12 when I put a BB into my big toe.....Dug it out, never told anybody.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

When I was 16 I started trying to do quick draw with a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Actually got pretty good; could draw, fire and hit center mass in about 1/2 a second. Problem was a was self-taught, and would put my finger on the trigger as I was clearing leather. One day my thumb slipped and I planted a .44 slug about an inch from my right foot. I decided it ws a skill I didn't really need to improve upon! :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:When I was 16 I started trying to do quick draw with a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Actually got pretty good; could draw, fire and hit center mass in about 1/2 a second. Problem was a was self-taught, and would put my finger on the trigger as I was clearing leather. One day my thumb slipped and I planted a .44 slug about an inch from my right foot. I decided it ws a skill I didn't really need to improve upon! :shock:
I believe you and I both grew up with our first center fire revolver being a Super Blackhawk. Nice guns, but mess up with one and it is a BIG mess-up...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Dog was just getting his revenge for getting him neutered :lol:
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Thunder50 wrote:Dog was just getting his revenge for getting him neutered :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is amazing how many people get complacent with firearms. I have several that I would never give up, but they are intended to send a projectile out with enough speed and force to do damage. They deserve respect. Not fear, not complacency, but respect.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I feel for the guy... but, really...

There are at least two good reasons why a person shouldn't keep a loaded rifle (condition zero) in their vehicle, and this is number one of two.

Hope they can save his arm.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

CBS news reported the dog had no comment.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Rusty wrote:CBS news reported the dog had no comment.
:roll: Because they only gave him arf a moment to say something.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

I was shot in my left leg from a 20 ga double barrel #4's by my friend who tripped and fell with his fingers on the triggers safety off. One pellet went through but two are still in my leg. I am darned lucky not to have been hurt any worse than I was.
Merle
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Merle »

That poor dog has been traumatized & will need life-long therapy! :lol:
Merle from PA
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Merle wrote:That poor dog has been traumatized & will need life-long therapy! :lol:
That poor dog is probably deaf because he was in the truck when that .300WinMag was discharged inside the cab.

:cry:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote:It is amazing how many people get complacent with firearms.
Of course there are the 'newbies', but the worst I've seen have actually been law enforcement or military guys, who I guess have spent so much time not accidentally shooting themselves or others with 'casual' gun handling, that they think somehow they are immune from the laws of physics (and Murphy).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

.300 WinMag at close range. That's gonna hurt. He should take up a new hobby, maybe knitting.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

AJMD429 wrote:
piller wrote:It is amazing how many people get complacent with firearms.
Of course there are the 'newbies', but the worst I've seen have actually been law enforcement or military guys, who I guess have spent so much time not accidentally shooting themselves or others with 'casual' gun handling, that they think somehow they are immune from the laws of physics (and Murphy).
Our range gets used by law enforcement, several agencies, on a regular basis, watching some of them is a truly hair-raising experience. :shock: