ugly gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

ugly gun

Post by JNG »

I know that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but... Looking through G&A and saw the Taurus Curve in.380. I you like it fine but, to me it looks like a staple gun (work box gun)? But goodness, at 15' 4 to 5 inch group, maybe a staple gun may work just as well.

Joe
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ugly gun

Post by 2ndovc »

Life's too short to carry an ugly gun!!

My Glocks or M&P may never win a beauty contest but, Whoa that's one nasty lookin' shooter!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:shock: :o
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

An article (waste of paper and ink ) is in this months Guns & Ammo Magazine. I cant think of any gun more ugly than that thing. Puke smilie goes here....X
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and bounced off every limb on the way down.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

:shock: :shock: My Glock 20 is looking a whole lot better right now. :D
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

blech............

spaceman
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ugly... yes.

Practical... maybe.

But if it gets more women carrying, and more women on our side, I'm all for it!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

To borrow a phrase from the hoplophobes, "If it saves but one life, it's worth it..."

Seriously, if some woman who otherwise wouldn't carry a self defense object that was too 'uncomfortable' or looked too much like a 'gun', carries that device, and uses it to neuter some wannabe-rapist, I'm ALL FOR IT...!!!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Just the thing for the "Buffet" crowd... Anyone who fits that definition (Big, Ugly, Fat, Fellars, Eating Together), has no room to talk about a "ugly" gun... I'm with Doc... and heck, us "rounder", male types could benefit also!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Just for a split second my eyes played a joke on me-I could have sworn that it said made in china-it has been a long day and that ugly piece of tupperware has me seeing things!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Only gun uglier than that might be the Rino 357 revolver.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

m.wun wrote:Only gun uglier than that might be the Rino 357 revolver.
Finally held one at the NRA show this year - it was actually a very nice gun. Ugly, but very well made, and actually 'pointed' very naturally. Would love to shoot one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I think it is about marketing. When I first saw those, I assumed the mag curved. The I realized they had a straight mag and that made me take a second look.

The grip does not curve in in the bottom, it curves OUT in the middle. In other words, the pistol takes up the same space as it would with a straight grip, except with added width in the center. Think about how a pistol interacts with your body in various holsters, and you will see that the curve is nit in an area that really presses against the body, and will provide very limited to no concealment value, and will make the pistol awkward to shoot left-handed.

The pistol could have been thinner if the grip was straight. It has a European-style magazine release (have to pull the mag out) and where is the slide catch?

Its purpose is to get those with LCPs, P238s, XD(s)s, Nanos, etc. to buy another pistol. The target for a lot of gun design and marketing is not to reach those that don't have, but to convince those that do to buy yours.

Sorry to always be the kid that looks at the emperor and tells you he's naked.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I saw this in Guns & Ammo and tried to be objective about the homely little critter.

Indeed, I immediately tried to see the purpose of creating such a monstrosity, so I asked myself these questions:
- Does it look like it will hide well?
- Does it look like it is easier to wear all day?
- Is it more practical?
- Is it more inherently concealable with some type of holster?

I came up with, uh, "no" each time.

Its shape might indeed suggest a large i-phone or i-gadget, or staple gun, or whatever to throw off suspicion. For about 6 months at the outside.

Then, just like with the short lived fad of undercover officers carrying fanny packs worn in the front for easy access, every thug will recognize it for what it is in short time and it will actually make you a target. A whole lot of fanny packs, purchased privately by officers I knew, either found their way to a closet or drawer or were sold super cheap after some embarrassing incidents in my neck of the woods.

And it's a .380.

And it is regly - you remember from the late 50's - really, really ugly. So's the Rhino. Sorry, it's doomed too.

However, if you buy these up, grab some Rhinos, glom onto a rocket gun, and collect a few ridiculous Dardic pistols with their triangle shaped "tround" bullets; and maybe snatch up an Edsel or two before they are all gone -

You can give them to your progeny who will make a mint on them in about another 40 years!

So - it's a collectible. Oh, and don't forget that crazy sawed off .30-30 lever-handgun that you can't hit a barn with because of the way you hold and fire it. Unless you're Steve McQueen, of course. It's "interesting," too!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I think the tactical crowd will buy it, especially if it makes it into a Tom Cruise movie.