Jay Leno caves!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Jay Leno caves!!

Post by rbertalotto »

NSSF UNDETERRED BY LENO CANCELLATION . . . Caving in to pressure from the anti-gun lobby, entertainer Jay Leno last week cancelled his appearance at the NSSF State of the Industry Dinner at SHOT Show. Despite Leno's untimely decision, NSSF ensures attendees to the hugely popular event that it will fill the slot with a major talent who will respect the contributions of industry, its millions of customers and the Second Amendment. Anti-gun groups used false statements about industry and its commitment to firearms safety to mount pressure on Leno. In a statement, NSSF said, "We are not deterred by their publicity seeking nor are we unfamiliar with the bullying political tactics of the gun control groups that seem to have as little respect for the First Amendment as they continually demonstrate with regard to the Second Amendment."
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Jay Leno caves!!

Post by AJMD429 »

Evidently, Leno is a typical arrogant, shallow 'entertainer', and I have no respect for him after this.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rich putz...
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Can anyone confirm he canceled because of anti-gun pressure? Or mebbe he has more pressing business that day? Did he give a press release stating he would not attend because of anti-gun sentiments?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

This has been posted on other boards in the last few days, there is not one link to confirm this other than the initial report that I can find, I am really suspicious of this .
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Googled leno and apparrently he did cave in to the idiot anti gun nuts... To bad, thought he had more backbone then that.
http://clashdaily.com/2014/11/jay-gets- ... throw-fit/
...."Gun control organizations only recently discovered that the comedian, formerly the host of The Tonight Show, was set to perform at the trade show. Organizations such as the Newtown Action Alliance and Coalition to Stop Gun Violence immediately criticized Leno’s decision to appear, and drafted a online petition for him to cancel his performance."
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...