OT – I need one of these…

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT – I need one of these…

Post by Ysabel Kid »

While running an errand today I was the victim of another inattentive driver. Fortunately she didn’t hit me or cause an accident, but she wasted my time because she was TOO BUSY YAPPING ON HER CELL PHONE instead of focusing on driving!ImageImage

I think I need to mount a paintball gun in the grill of my car. Something I could use to thump a car in front of me – not cause any real damage, but just wake them up out of the stupor they are in, and in a more positive way than simply laying on the horn. Actually, it would just be more satisfying to occasionally zap a really annoying driver. The paint would wash off, of course. Still, I’d love to see their faces when they stopped and saw it. WTF?

Okay, I’m demented. My original idea was to place a shocker/buzzer in everyone’s seat that I could activate if need be, but this would be cost prohibitive…
Boomer45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Boomer45 »

How about a gun that shoots those little suction cup darts with a little roll out banner attached that says...."Here's your sign!"

Boomer
Any Time, Any Place
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Boomer45 wrote:How about a gun that shoots those little suction cup darts with a little roll out banner attached that says...."Here's your sign!"

Boomer
That will work! But maybe real broadhead arrows - just so they don't fall off before they get to their destination! :twisted:

In addition to "here's your sign" (a great one), how about "Shut Up and Drive!!!"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I've always wanted a Karmen Ghia with a pair of M60s mounted under the bonnet just behind the little ovals... press a button, servo th ovals up and put a couple of 6 to 9 round bursts into the trunh of the car in front of you... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I've always wanted to mount a coupla TOW missiles on
the front.........
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I drive major Pa highways (N/E extension, 76, blue rt, turnpike, etc.) every single day, and I firmly believe that it should be made illegal to use a cell phone when driving. During rush hour, many people are doing it and they are all over the road. They don't slow down, speed up, change lanes, watch others change lanes, merge, or stop in time, when they should. Lots of accidents, all to keep yapping.
Some of you know why I feel very strongly about drivers paying attention.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know a guy years ago that had the perfect way to boost lagging car sales. when you buy your new car you get one heat seeking missile with it to use on anyone you think really need it. BUT, you only get one. Once you use that one the only way to get another one is to buy another car. It will come equipped as well and on and on.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

What about something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZhwk3FGEQ

AWESOME!
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Driving the freeways in LA I meet these self centered idiots daily! What I have been looking for is a portable jamming device that I could mount in my pick-up. A device similar to those used in some buildings, but a portable unit. Possibly one that would cause the cell phone to deliver 150 db of static! :twisted: (Even schematics would do and I could make one.)
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I think I could get by pretty well with a good ole Bull Horn type thing mounted in the grill...Tho the Gun side of me has always wanted twin 40s
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

For a while I had a set of air horns off of a BNSF Freight mounted under the trunk lid of my '68 VW Beetle...

Hit that, and the car in front of you has a bad habit of leaping into the intersection... whether they are at a Green OR Red... :twisted:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT – I need one of these…

Post by scr83jp »

Ysabel Kid wrote:While running an errand today I was the victim of another inattentive driver. Fortunately she didn’t hit me or cause an accident, but she wasted my time because she was TOO BUSY YAPPING ON HER CELL PHONE instead of focusing on driving!ImageImage

I think I need to mount a paintball gun in the grill of my car. Something I could use to thump a car in front of me – not cause any real damage, but just wake them up out of the stupor they are in, and in a more positive way than simply laying on the horn. Actually, it would just be more satisfying to occasionally zap a really annoying driver. The paint would wash off, of course. Still, I’d love to see their faces when they stopped and saw it. WTF?

Okay, I’m demented. My original idea was to place a shocker/buzzer in everyone’s seat that I could activate if need be, but this would be cost prohibitive…
We need the same law Finland passed for cell phone use while driving get caught and you lose your license for LIFE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Irish_Cop wrote:What about something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZhwk3FGEQ

AWESOME!
I asked - wife won't let me... :(
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

homefront wrote: Some of you know why I feel very strongly about drivers paying attention.
Yep. You, your family and Chas have been in my daily prayers since then...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT – I need one of these…

Post by Old Ironsights »

scr83jp wrote:We need the same law Finland passed for cell phone use while driving get caught and you lose your license for LIFE!
Well, I'm sure not a few Truckers with CB handsets would complain about that... I mean. if you are banning somthing because it is a handheld communication device used while driving - CBs would apply too.

No, if ANY law "must" (and very few laws "must") be applied, it should not be for "talking on the phone" but for "not using a readily available and inexpensive hands-free-kit" while driving.

I mean, really. If you can afford a Phone, you can afford a $10 hands free kit.

If talking ona headset while driving were dangerous, would they allow/mandate that pilots do it on approach? :wink:
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

mikld wrote:Driving the freeways in LA I meet these self centered idiots daily! What I have been looking for is a portable jamming device that I could mount in my pick-up. A device similar to those used in some buildings, but a portable unit. Possibly one that would cause the cell phone to deliver 150 db of static! :twisted: (Even schematics would do and I could make one.)
I want one too...

I hate 'stupid laws' but I DO think that it would be sensible to mandate non-handheld, non-video, communication devices for mobile use on the public roads.

Perhaps I'm sexist, but I ALSO notice that 90% of the time it is not males (yuppie uber-sexuals don't count) who seem so PREOCCUPIED with their conversations. Most men seem to talk as an incidental part of their driving, much like conversing with a passenger in the back seat. With women, it always seems like some latent Italian-hand-gesturing gene kicks in, and that they must be talking to a suicidal child, judging by the intensity of their far-off fixed stares...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
model55
Levergunner 3.0

drivers

Post by model55 »

Think Kalifornia would have a problem with a mini gun mounted on my old Samurai which by the way has a bumper stick in the front which says "HANG UP AND DRIVE ".They are just no fun any more!
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

If I were to ever become a serial killer, such people would be at the top of my list. :twisted:
Right next to tel-la marketers.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/