Mansfield canoe

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Mansfield canoe

Post by 4t5 »

I'm gonna sell my 16' wood and fiberglass canoe,40" beam. My two daughters want Kayaks instead, boat is in excellent condition, been in the garage for years, anyone know what this would sell for nowadays?
Rumble.com/ hickock45
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Mansfield canoe

Post by piller »

I wish I could help. Are there any websites that you have checked to see what used canoes are selling for? I would think your canoe would still have value due to the wood.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Internet search didn't help, thanks for the reply.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, there's a big difference between a canoe made of laid-up fiberglass cloth and one sprayed into a mold with a fiberglas chopper gun.

IIRC, the Mansfield Canoes were pretty good quality, made in Stowe, VT by the Stowe Canoe Co., and were around $1500 (new).

I don't think it would be unreasonable to suspect that someone who knew canoes would pay around $800-$900 or so for a 16' version.

AFAIK, the company went out of business in 1991.

4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Thanks Pete, you're correct the company did go out of business,800 sounds fair enough.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

You might wanna check craig's list for comparisons.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

RobertS
Levergunner

Post by RobertS »

I often look at ebay closed auctions to establish the value of things. For what it's worth, someone has been running a 13 foot Stowe Mansfield canoe on ebay, trying to start the auction at $500 with a buy it now price of $650. That seems like a pretty good bargain, but surely a longer one like yours would be more that this.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

RobertS wrote:I often look at ebay closed auctions to establish the value of things. For what it's worth, someone has been running a 13 foot Stowe Mansfield canoe on ebay, trying to start the auction at $500 with a buy it now price of $650. That seems like a pretty good bargain, but surely a longer one like yours would be more that this.
I hunted that one down and the guy's poor photography makes a rough boat look even rougher

also agree local Craigslist is your best bet.
List it and see if you get replies. Interested people will make you an offer if they don't like your price.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Thanks again!
Rumble.com/ hickock45