Todays Modern Derringer.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Todays Modern Derringer.

Post by cshold »

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Todays Modern Derringer.

Post by ollogger »

looks ok to me!!! I like my 642 it goes with me most of the time
the LC 9 goes in my boot a fair amount also if & when we go some where
Boots puts her pink lady in the purse

Brad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep. For most 'social situations' I'd rather have the little Ruger LCP than a one or two-shot 45 Colt.

Not all, but most.

I suppose if I really thought I'd need any kind of weapon, I'd either stay home, or if I still had to go there, take my M1A Scout rifle or Para Ordnance double-stack 1911 or Ruger Redhawk....

.....but for all those days you just think things will be fine and cheery and safe, but want something in case they aren't - those little flat-sided Rugers are hard to beat... 8)

Of course, I don't have one..... :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

AJMD429 wrote:Yep. For most 'social situations' I'd rather have the little Ruger LCP than a one or two-shot 45 Colt.

Not all, but most.

I suppose if I really thought I'd need any kind of weapon, I'd either stay home, or if I still had to go there, take my M1A Scout rifle or Para Ordnance double-stack 1911 or Ruger Redhawk....

.....but for all those days you just think things will be fine and cheery and safe, but want something in case they aren't - those little flat-sided Rugers are hard to beat... 8)

Of course, I don't have one..... :(

They ain't exactly costy, Doc.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A Glock 26 is just a tad bit larger and if you want to you can reload it with a 33 round magazine from a Glock 18.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

My BIL just got an LC-9 with the "integral" laser in front of the trigger guard. That little thing really shoots good! :o
(He also picked up a used Glock 23 and he can't shoot it to save his life. He mostly hits 6-8" low with it (at 7 yards). I tried it and it shot right on for me....)

Glenn
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

you can get 10 and 15 round mags for the lc; just ordered a 10 rounder, and a viridian green laser so I can hang upside down and shoot the bad stuff weak side offhand while swinging toward the other vine..... where my backup spears are :D

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/150613 ... steel-blue
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

FWiedner wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:Of course, I don't have one..... :(
They ain't exactly costy, Doc. :wink:
That's not the issue; I just live in a Free State, where CCW is not a big deal, and don't go places where having a big ol' Para Ordnance 12-shot "Officer's Model" 45 sticking out of my pants pocket causes a problem. :D If I lived in a more 'progressive' place, I'd be doing deep-concealment with the Ruger LCP on a daily basis, but where I live, if I switch from 'mid-size' guns, it would probably be to a Ruger Redhawk or perhaps a Calico 950... :o :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

casastahle wrote:Image

Nice little shooter

A bit of trivia

Named by the Turn of a card

Established in 1870, incorporated in 1953, and located at an elevation of 6,412 feet, Show Low sits in the largest stand of Ponderosa Pine in the United States. It is 175 miles northeast of Phoenix and 195 miles north of Tucson. Show Low offers panoramic views, good fishing in mountain lakes and streams, and miles of wilderness for hiking, camping, cycling, horseback riding and downhill and cross-country skiing. It also features unique shops and fine, as well as casual, dining at many restaurants. The City also provides a broad range of Recreational Facilities.
Show Low received its name when C.E. Cooley and Marion Clark decided there was not enough room for both of them in their settlement. The two men agreed to let a game of cards decide who was to move. According to the story, Clark said, "If you can show low, you win." Cooley turned up the deuce of clubs and replied, "Show low it is."

----------J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!