Need a barrel liner for muzzleloader

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Need a barrel liner for muzzleloader

Post by coyote nose »

Anybody know a source of a barrel liner in 50 cal (1:48 or 1:60 twist) that is .500/.520 diameter? Track of the wolf and TJs both have liners but in .510/.530. I just got my shot out muzzleloader barrel drilled out to 11/16 and want a .500 bore liner.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Need a barrel liner for muzzleloader

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

So you have a .69 (.687)caliber smooth rifle??? Have you tried it with shot or round ball?
Many rifles were converted or made with smooth bores in the old days. How thick is the barrel?
Sounds like fun! :D
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Its 1" across the flats. I want to take it back to 50 cal but it looks like it will have to be 51. Wonder what the deal is there? Seems to me since all 50 Caliber muzzleloader barrels are .500 that the liners should be too.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The oversize ".50 cal" barrel liners are meant for cartridge gun barrels, not muzzleloaders.

If you want a .500" bore, I would suggest buying one of the like-new .50 barrels from an auction website & turning it down to fit your bored-out barrel.

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

A guy named Bobby Hoyt evidently does a good job of doing a deep cut rifling if you were to take it out to 54 cal. The 1" barrel in 54 cal.hangs just right for me.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Bobby Hoyt
(717) 642-6696
no e-mail or web site

Let it ring and be prepared to call often. He doesn't answer when he is running a machine. The best there is for muzzleloading barrel work and near the top for cartridge guns too. Reasonable prices. Tell him what you want, if he can't fix you up nobody can.